changing specific wording

Is there a way to change “Services” to another word? Creating a site for a teacher, for example, that would like “Lessons” and “Service Provider” to “Teacher”

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @lisa D

It’s preferable to not edit the plugin files because those edits will be overwritten each time you update the plugin. That can get very tedious, very fast :slight_frown:

The better, and update-proof, way to change text strings in any plugin is to generate a new language file with PoEdit to replace the default language file that comes with the plugin.

http://poedit.net/

That way, the most you’d need to do is overwrite the language file when you update.

Also, you can customize the shortcode output by using the available parameters listed under the “Shortcodes” tab in the plugin settings.

• Lisa D
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI Patrick – this seems to be a little over my head. Not sure how to use this correctly. I really hate editing plugins directly, but this was the easiest way I could figure out how to change the wording.

Thanks also for the blurb on customizing the shortcode output. I’m trying to figure this out as well. I want to show the client’s name under the My Appointments shortcode. Since this is a personal site for one teacher, I don’t really need to show the provider’s name.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.