changing text: Click on a free time slot....

Where can I change this text to change it:
Click on a free time slot to apply for an appointment

When I firebugged it I couldnt find it.
Thanks!
Angela

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

The easiest way to do it is using Ultimate Branding text change add on.

This is how it looks, Screenshots in order Previous/After and the setting in Ultimate Branding.

You can also look for that and change that code in the plugin core files but that will be over written whenever the plugin is updated. Please let me know if you want me to find the right file to edit in case you want to use this approach.

If you want the easy one : Download Ultimate Branding here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Mauiangel
    • New Recruit

Okay, that other addon sounds good, but couldnt I just use a childs theme and change that one line of text? I dont even know if client is going to use it so I dont really want to spend the extra $20 right now.

Can you give me a hack or let me know where this text is so I can change it? Thanks!

• Mauiangel
    • New Recruit

Okay, I guess to purchase the Ultimate branding plugin I have to become a full member, which I can not afford right now. I was going to just purchase it for the $19 but I apparently cant.

So, how I can change this text?? Where is it located?

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Angela,

Try going to the appointment page then open Firebug in Firefox and then:-

find and open: <div id="main">

then find and open: <div class="entry-content">

then find and open <div class="appointments-wrapper">

and you should see: 'Click a free day to apply for an appointment.' directly below: <h3>Our schedule for April 2013</h3>

Hope that helps

Regards
    SteveB

• Mauiangel
    • New Recruit

Thanks SteveB, Yes I did that and did find the .appointments wrapper which encloses this:

<h3>Our schedule for April 2013</h3>
    Click a free day to apply for an appointment.

but there is no CSS attached to that one line of text so I cant even use a simple display:none: to get rid of it. That takes away the entire H3 tag. See screenshot of firebug page: . I have searched throughout the plugin pages to try and find this simple text and cant find it.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thank for writing back and thanks for the unhelpful rating too :slight_smile:.

I did not know that you are a single member else I would have suggested the harder approach of editing the code. Apologies for that.

Okay, that other addon sounds good, but couldnt I just use a childs theme and change that one line of text?

This is a plugin. They don't work like themes unfortunately.

Can you give me a hack or let me know where this text is so I can change it? Thanks!

Sure

Navigate to : appointments-1.2.7\appointments\appointments.php

Line 3243

Edit the line to change it to whatever you want.

With the ultimate branding would I be able to change the text on the BUSY, NOT AVAILABLE thing at the top?

Can you please advise the link where this is displayed so that I can suggest you the change ?

Thanks SteveB, Yes I did that and did find the .appointments wrapper which encloses this:

<h3>Our schedule for April 2013</h3>
    Click a free day to apply for an appointment.

but there is no CSS attached to that one line of text so I cant even use a simple display:none: to get rid of it. That takes away the entire H3 tag. See screenshot of firebug page: . I have searched throughout the plugin pages to try and find this simple text and cant find it.

Firebug is only for CSS changes, its just used to identify element. Text can not be changed using CSS. You will have to change that as I suggested above.

I hope that was helpful. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again @Mauiangel

Sorry for providing incomplete info before.

You can also use shortcodes to achieve this

1) There is a parameter "logged" for the short code to change the text:
    logged: Text that will be displayed after the title only to the clients who are logged in or you don't require a login. Default: "Click on a free box to apply for an appointment."

2) To change Free, Busy, Not possible, you can use 'app_box_class_names' filter.

Thanks @Hakan for the additional advice :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.