Changing text of buddypress activation email

Hey!

I'm trying to add some text to the buddypress account activation email and can't find where the body of the email is. Hopefully, I can just edit that text, if not, can you walk me through it

Thanks

• Kimberly

sparcusa,

You can edit this email in
    /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php

Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• aecnu

Greetings sparcusa,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly

sorry I don't know what you mean by aws

It is my understandg that the entire email is generated from there, I'm looking into that .php right now

Ok, I found this on line 54

* bp_core_email_from_name_filter()
     * Sets the "From" address in emails sent
     * @package BuddyPress Core
     * @return noreply@sitedomain email address
     */
    function bp_core_email_from_address_filter() {
    	$domain = (array) explode( '/', site_url() );

return apply_filters( 'bp_core_email_from_address_filter', 'noreply@' . $domain[2] );
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'bp_core_email_from_address_filter' );

Here is an older fix, the code has changed a bit since this so I cannot garuntee it:

you try and replace
    $domain[2]

with
    @yoursite.com

Please backup this file first, as I cannot garuntee the fix

I've also found a couple of references to removing a portion of the (add_filter) but am not sure how that would work here as I can't seem to find much current info on this

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.