Changing text to Swedish in confirmations etc.

How do I change texts to Swedish. I know about the templates, but the rest? Confirmation mail, response to that, widget , etc.

• Sajid

Hi Ian,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can translate e-Newsletter plugin into any language completely using .po/.mo translation files in a PoEdit software. If you have not done this before than you can find the complete step by step guide and explanation on our blog here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

Before start editing you can find and download the translation files of e-Newsletter plugin from translate section. Here is the Swedish translation that is 55% done:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/email-newsletter/sv/default

Go to the above URL, scroll to the bottom of the page, select the Portable Object Message Catalog (.po) & Machine Object Message Catalog (.mo) and click on the export button to download both files one by one (see screenshot).

Once you have these files downloaded, uploaded those files to wp-content/languges/plugins folder (create these folders if not exists) via FTP or FileManager.

We also appreciate and give away hero points if you contribute in translation of this plugin as well as other plugins in your language for the community.

Alternatively, if there are just few strings that you want to translate then you can also use our Ultimate Branding's Network Wide Text Change Module.

But I will still recommend you above method for translation if you want to translate the complete plugin.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Ian, Tringa Studio

OK, didn't think mail texts were in the .po!! But of course they are.
    I've started and it doesn't pick up all the texts I've started to change. I will only change front-end texts, though.
    There's something really weird going on when unsubscribing. I will make a video to show you. Also I don't see any of the public lists if I'm not logged in.

Will get back with a link to a video (the site is on a dev. server).

Cheers

• Sajid

Hi Ian,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay on this ticket but please keep in mind that if you keep bumping the thread our system will keep pushing you to the bottom of the queue. Because our system feeds us threads from oldest to newest to ensure equal support for all our members. This definitely not an excuse but an explanation of how our system works. Always post one detailed reply and wait for support staff to respond, we try our best to get back to every member as soon as possible.

Group names depending on language? They can only be public or not.

I am sorry but its not option at the moment. You can create groups regardless of languages. However, you can set groups visibility dynamically/programmatically by detecting the current language. That definitely require custom coding to make it happen that is beyond the level of support we can provide here. If you are not sure how to customize the plugin then you might need hiring a developer from jobs board.

My template is not picked up from "enewsletter-custom-themes" folder in wp-content/uploads,
    only if I put it in "wp-content/uploads/siteID/enewsletter-custom-themes" (and if I put it with the original ones).
    MS install with your plugin Network activated.

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my own MultiSite environment while activating the plugin network wide. I just created a custom theme for e-newsletter plugin by following the instructions on usage guide and it started working for me.

See screenshot of the directory structure on my site:

If you are still unable to load your custom template from uploads folder then please send in FTP and WordPress admin login details so I can take a look at folder structure and will create a test theme for you. You can send in details via our private contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel login URL
    - cPanel username
    - cPanel password
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls
    Select "I have a different question" for your topic (see screenshot) - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Another friendly reminder about posting rules, for future reference :slight_smile: Always start separate thread for each ticket to get fastest and efficient support. This also helps us manage and track each issue in its own ticket as well as other members of community to find an answer looking for similar issue in future.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.