Changing the author and menu question...

Hi Guys, I have a couple of quick questions. I've just set up a course but want to make my partner the author - how can I change the author display? Also, the plugin auto-generated the courses and dashboard main menus but I can't see them in my WP menu page. How do I control their position in the menu hierarchy as I'd like to move them across on the main menu?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @nigelsmiller,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I've just set up a course but want to make my partner the author - how can I change the author display?

You can change the author/instructor of the course from the "Step 3 - Instructors" section of course in course edit screen as shown in the attached screenshot.

Also, the plugin auto-generated the courses and dashboard main menus but I can't see them in my WP menu page. How do I control their position in the menu hierarchy as I'd like to move them across on the main menu?

The default menus are generated by coursepress plugin code so they don't display in the menus screen.

You can just remove these auto generated menu items by unchecking the coursepress plugin option "Display menu items" on the following path as displayed in the second attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General

After removing the default menu items, you can now add the menu items yourself from the Menus screen to whatever position you want to.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• nigelsmiller

Great, that's worked - mostly! Perfect on the menu aspect but...

The issue I now have is on the course description page where, at the bottom of the page it has the "about the author" segment and the page details listing me rather than my appointed instructor. If this were a normal page or post, I'd just edit the author in the quick edit settings but I can't find where the description page sits!

One other thing, I use a plug-in called S3 Media Maestro on the site to display my videos but it doesn't work in Coursepro - is that because Coursepro is effectively a different theme sitting within the main theme? Any suggestions on getting around this?

• Ash

Hello @nigelsmiller

I hope you are well today.

The issue I now have is on the course description page where, at the bottom of the page it has the "about the author" segment and the page details listing me rather than my appointed instructor.

This is because of your theme. It takes the original creator of the course as author. How's about hiding that section for coursepress page?

About the video plugin, how does it integrate in a page or post? Does it provide any shortcode?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.