Changing the background color of the Studio theme

I'm trying to get the background color for the homepage of the studio theme to plain white (just as on all the other pages). I did find some earlier posts but somehow changing the css in the child theme is not working for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, not really into coding..

Any ideas, it's for http://www.cidercider.nl/nieuw

• WRBijl
    • Flash Drive

Hey Timothy,

Thanks for the quick reply. Really surprised with your screenshot.... The body which was already white I wanted to have white. It turned out that I just had to reload the site instead of refresh it. I'm better at it then I thought.

Happy easter!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Thanks for the quick reply. Really surprised with your screenshot.... The body which was already white I wanted to have white. It turned out that I just had to reload the site instead of refresh it. I'm better at it then I thought.

I've done that before. ha ha. Cache often causes an issue when making changes.

Just changed some of colours of the audio theme but noticed that for shadow color for the sub menu's don't change if you change the shadow font color for the menu. How can this be resolved?

Audio theme? Just to confirm are we still talking about the Studio theme?

Could you please include a screenshot of where you mean so I can be sure I know where you want to edit.

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Ah for that you need to use the following:

Change:

.nav ul a{font-weight:normal;text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 0px;}

You will want to make it something like:

.nav ul a{text-shadow:none;}

You don't need to include the font-weight part as that will still be declared in the parent CSS, so no point trying to over rule it.

You should include the change in a child theme but the original CSS is found in this file:

/themes/studio/_inc/css/studio.css?ver=2

You may need to include !important but shouldn't have to.

Take care.

• WRBijl
    • Flash Drive

that's really odd, I put the line of code in the child theme style.css and got what I wanted. The shadows disappeared. But when I looked at the website today the shadows came back. I did not change anything but only added some products to the website today. Any idea what happened and how to get the text without shadows again?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Well the question is why?

Did you check the new CSS is still there?

Does it only happen on certain pages or all? Perhaps test on the page it was working yesterday?

And the other way to try and overrule CSS is to use !important, so:

.nav ul a{text-shadow:none !important;}

If you can avoid !important then do, because it can be a nightmare later down the line if multiple instances of !important are used. If the CSS is called last in the sequence then it should take priority.

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings WRBijl,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.