Changing the "Classifieds"page URL/Removing classifieds poster information

Okay, so I would like /classifieds to be my main classifieds page (naturally), but I really don't like having everything listed the way it is. I would really like to have that page display the category list. Can I change the URL/permalink on the Classifieds page and still have it work properly so I can use /classifieds with shortcodes instead?

Also, is there a way to remove the "Posted By" section. I really don't want that there.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings bookadilly,

Thank you for the questions.

Also, is there a way to remove the "Posted By" section

This is most likely a theme item that is rendering the "Posted by" on your screen.

I would try using the Ultimate Branding plugin specifically the Network Wide Text Change module to either change this or using a blank to get rid of it. This method if it indeed works as anticipated will survive theme updates.

Can I change the URL/permalink on the Classifieds page and still have it work properly so I can use /classifieds with shortcodes instead?

First fixing the permalinks/slug - changing it to something else:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/change-url-of-category#post-300635

Make a classifieds page with the slug classified and see if it indeed works.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• bookadilly

I didn't realize that the slug info would be under the custom press tab. Interesting. I changed it, and I'll try that. :slight_smile:

As as the author information, I'm using your WPMU Triden. But I don't see how simply blanking it out will help. If I understand correctly, won't that just change every instance of "admin" or "posted by" on the site to nothing? It doesn't seem like that will remove that field. (I've attached a screenshot showing what it looks like.)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings bookadilly,

Thank you for the additional clarification which shows what I had intended to remove was not the same as what you want to remove ... lol

If I understand correctly, won't that just change every instance of "admin" or "posted by" on the site to nothing?

You are correct and yes that is the intended use and what I did have in mind and it is case sensitive - and it works great but not for the spot you are referring to.

This item is found in the following folder and files: \classifieds\ui-front\general

Modify as you see fit:

loop-author.php around line 96

loop-taxanomy.php around line 94

single-classifieds.php around line 53

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.