Changing the Expiration Date for a User

Working on a site for a client that already has a membership base that he's processing payments for manually right now. What I'd like to do is add the existing users manually, and then be able to set the expiration date to what it actually is on his spreadsheet vs. one year from add date (as this is an annual subscription).

We will be using authorize.net, but I don't want it to bill existing users now, as they've already paid until their listed anniversary date.

Is there a way to do this?

• UNIIMI
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes, it can be done. I don't know if there's an easy way to do it or not.

I know there are plugins to mass import users.

I also know that in Membership when you create subscriptions, you can set the number of days and years from 1 to 365.

Then it says you can add levels to a subscription where they start at one level and pass into the next at the end of the timeframe for the first.

I think if you bumped each person up to a round month for ease of grouping, you could create 12 levels (let's call them Sept 2011, Oct 2011... through Aug 2012), and then create the regular levels you want, create 12 subscriptions, and in the twelve subscriptions you would put the first level as a free level and the second level as a paid level and then you'd just need to assign each member to the correct subscription.

Kind of contrived but I think it would work.

Good luck!

• UNIIMI
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Nathan,

Thank you and you are quite welcome! Glad I could help! Marking this as resolved.

Heh, actually, glad it made sense! (Posting that was the last thing I did before going to sleep late last night and I was *very* tired!) :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.