Changing the header height in Grid market theme

I have a client with a header that he is NOT willing to change. Usually that isn't a problem and I can tweak some CSS and everyone plays nice. That isn't working so I am wondering if it is set in the php and would require a separate child theme instead of just utilizing the custom.css. The required header logo height is 158 instead of the 100. The logo is 980 wide.
Suggestions?

Unfortunately I can't provide a link as the site is password protected. I know that makes it tough

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

This can be done (rather easily) but it requires a couple of changes - 1 to the parent theme and one to the child theme. This means you'll have to continually make the first modification after any upgrade to the theme.

With that in mind, you can go to the framemarket/library/functions/theme.php file and on line 23 change the define from 100 to 150. Save and close this file.

Assuming your using the gridmarket childtheme go to gridmarket/css/grid.css Look at line 175 for #branding h1 a {
    Change the height value here to 130px. Save and close the file.

Now you can upload a header image of 980 x 150 into gridmarket and it will display with a 10px padding on the top and bottom.

Hope this helps!

• beanfair
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That should work in the interim at least, but for some reason the grid.css sheet keeps reverting to 90px. I tried changing it in custom.css but it is staying stubbornly at 90 px Attaching firebug screenshot plus notepad++. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting those two stylesheets from the server and doing a clean install.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

the grid.css sheet keeps reverting to 90px. I tried changing it in custom.css but it is staying stubbornly at 90 px

You mean you change it. Save your changes and the file reverts back to 90px? I don't even know how that would be possible. More likely you've just got a delay from caching (could be DNS caching if you've already refreshed browser cache) or the file isn't actually being saved.

Let us know. Again, we're kinda shooting blind here, but I see no reason for this issue. It should all work :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya

As we haven't heard anything for awhile on this one I'm marking it as resolved. Should ya have the need for further instruction, please 'reopen' this thread and we'll continue to take a look.

You can always alternatively open up a new thread.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.