changing the header in Holder BP theme

Hello, I am very new at WP and BP and I’m learning as I go. I want to edit the header of my home page and have a different header on the other pages. I have created a child theme, and am copying the files that I think I need to edit, but I can’t find the right files. I have been advised to look up how to edit hooks, and I have tried following the codex tutorial for hooks, but I am still lost. Does anyone have any tips for me?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings amanor,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization and the making of a new plugin/theme.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• amanor
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you @aecnu.

I suppose this means there is no editing of any files I can do to change the header myself? I have just posted another question regarding some header.php files that is related to this question.

I will look into the wpmu jobs link.

Kind regards,
    Amada

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Amada,

Thank you for the great question and certainly there is some custom coding out there that will do this.

Though you had asked about coding, I took a different perspective of the query and came up with plugins rather then thinking of coding:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=change+header+images&sort=

Perhaps one of those will do the job for you.

Let me know how it goes if you try one of them and which one you chose and why.

Have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.