changing the size of a page

When members log in to view their account page it is too wide and the link to edit their profile is off the page

I wrote about it here and was told to put some code in to the style.css file but that didn’t work. Any ideas about where to add the code so the edit link shows up on the page?

Here is the link to the original post

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/the-account-form-is-off-the-page

I need to add this code

div#account-form {

width: 90%;

}

thanks

Diane

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Diane,

Just checked your site and you put the code into the right place :wink:

And Yes, that is the right style.css file.

The reason why it’s not working is probably because it is being overridden. I’ll sort it out for you… its a hack, but it should work. I take it you placed the shortcode for the account on a normal wordpress page?

if so try this for account form

.page div#account-form {
    }

and this for renew form

.page div.renew-form {
    }

You can change pretty much the all the style stuff by overiding it with wether its on a .page or .post

You can find all the membership css in the plugin itself under css folder. :wink:

Sorry, should have noticed when we were talking last. Guess I didn’t have my design hate on :wink:

Jonathan

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Woot! Glad it worked. And to answer your question, yes it will disappear when you upgrade “the social theme” Buddypress shouldn’t have any effect.

That is where child themes come into there own :wink:

A child theme is just a folder and a stylesheet.

In your case, “The social theme” has a child theme. I would just copy that to the wp-content/themes directory and go to your dashboard -> Appearance and activate the child theme. Also add the code above to that style.css and you should be protected from future upgrades/updates :wink:

Jonathan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.