Changing the Twenty Eleven footer to have rows instead of columns

I have a child theme of Twenty Eleven that I've been using and tweaking bit by bit to get looking the way I want. I'm in the last stages (for now), but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever wanted to change their Twenty Eleven footer to use ROWS instead of columns for their widgets?

Is there a way to accomplish this? I haven't seen any other child themes of Twenty Eleven that do it, nor does the plugin WPMU Dev wrote in their blog for extending the theme.

Instead of having A | B | C as my footer, I want
A - with a bunch of text next to A
B - because why would I only put one letter down there
C - 'cause that would make me a crazy person, don't you think?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Azurite,

I hope you're doing really good today and thanks for asking us! :slight_smile:

As you can also see, the footer widgets are being displayed in columns due to some CSS

I'd rather change this CSS to something like

#supplementary.three .widget-area {
        margin-right: 0;
        width: 100%;
    }

Feel free to test this snippet and send me back your results! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Azurite
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Dimitris,
      It certainly SEEMS like it should work, but after putting it in my child theme's style.css and updating the file, nothing seems to change. Everything is still in columns, which makes no sense to me.
      I know that supplementary.three is the container for all three of the widget areas, but maybe the CSS needs to address each one at a time (since they're DIVs), with first, second, and third?

ETA: Nope, my fault; one of my earlier rules didn't have a closing bracket. Adding one fixed it! Now to align things the way I want... thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.