Changing theme color & adding video

Hello, I have two instances where the theme isn't behaving as I expect based on my understanding of the tutorials.
1. Theme colors. I'm trying to change the main menu bar below the 1st image in Spirit from pale green to orange. It changes but the menu items are still in pale green. Also when I change the theme colors to #ff9900 (orange) I don't see any changes. Everything is still pale green.
2. When I drag the youtube widget to the screen it doesn't prompt me for the url or anything else.
I've tried using both Firefox & Chrome same results.
Thanks,
Byron

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Byron,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

1. Theme colors. I'm trying to change the main menu bar below the 1st image in Spirit from pale green to orange.

I think these custom CSS rules will help here:

.main-nav ul.menu {background:#ff9900!important;}

To apply this to your site please open your front page, enter an "Upfront mode" (by clicking on an "Upfront" link in your admin toolbar), switch the left panel to the "Theme settings" mode and click on "add custom CSS rules". Inside an editor that shows up at the bottom of the screen please scroll an existing code to the very bottom and add aforementioned rule at the end. Once you saved all the settings (both an editor and an entire Upfront) the menu bar should become orange.

2. When I drag the youtube widget to the screen it doesn't prompt me for the url or anything else.

I've tested this on my own setup and I can confirm the issue. That said, I'm reporting this to the developers as a bug and hopefully they'll be able to fix it soon. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this though.

Taking this into an account, please keep an eye on this thread and try to keep the theme updated "on the fly".

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.