Changing title text using branding plugin

Hi guys and gals,

Hope you're all well? Once again i find myself saved by another one of your plugins. I take my hat off to you i really do!

However, i do have a question or i wouldn't be here typing away! So i'm using the 'Network wide text change' function within the Ultimate Branding plugin and it's working great until i want to change a title.

So the titles i want to change are within another plugin, Course Press Pro and they are:
COURSES YOU MANAGE:
YOUR CURRENT COURSES:
COMPLETED COURSES:

And i want to change them to:
WORKSHOPS YOU MANAGE:
YOUR CURRENT WORKSHOPS :
COMPLETED WORKSHOPS :

So, I've tried replacing the entire text and just the work courses to workshops but nothing seems to work :slight_frown:

Any ideas how i can change this word?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance,
Marco

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Since the CoursePress Pro plugin is an extension to the WordPress platform, and not a part of the WordPress platform, in the sense that the plugin files are not a part of the WordPress core files, then Ultimate Branding will not give you the options to change titles for the CoursePress Pro plugin.

If I'm not mistaken, the Ultimate Branding plugin is for changing things in the WordPress platform itself. In order to change titles in the CoursePress Pro plugin, you will need to do so within that plugin.

Faydra...

• faydra_deon
      • WordPress Warrior

Actually, it's not my plugin. I don't work for WPMU Dev, and I didn't create/develop the plugin. I'm just a member like you. I've just been at it since 2011. Haha.

Having said all that, let me load up CoursePress Pro on one of my demo domains and see if I can give you some guidance on how to change the titles.

In the meantime, hopefully a Staff member when chime in on the thread with suggestions. They're really good about that.

I'll be back in touch soon.

Faydra...

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Marco,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

When you add the text to change can you try enabling "Ignore case when replacing text." option, without this the plugin will only search for uppercase letters in plugin strings, and this text is not actually typed in uppercase, it's made that way using CSS and ultimate branding can't figure that out.
    Also, make sure there's no space between text and colon sign.

I just tested this on my end and it worked.

@faydra_deon Ultimate Branding will actually work with both plugins and themes as long as the text wanted to be changed is translatable string :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.