Changing wording across NavBar tabs

Hya,

I hope all you guys are doing great.

Sorta seeking to obtain your attention in order to get some guidance on how to replace words from NavBar tabs.

I have tried some many ways without success.

Also, sorta same thing is going on with replacing the image on header. I couldn't get any information on how to do it properly.

Any advise will be very much appreciatted.

Have a great one,

Ar

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

Sorta seeking to obtain your attention in order to get some guidance on how to replace words from NavBar tabs.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do. Is NavBar a plugin? You posted this thread in the plugin support forum so I'm assuming it is.

If what you're after is assistance customizing your site then it's probably best to look into hiring someone who can work with you one on one.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• SocialProjects
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

My bad, here, Andrew :slight_frown:

I guess I got myself lost during the process.

Your Help & Support feature, however, it's sometimes a cumbersome one.

Now, that I've got your attention. Would you please guide me through the process of changing those default titles inside NavBar tabs. I really need to change the wording inside of them.

I hope this is not a hard one that requires me to hire a developer as you've pointed out above.

Looking forward to your response,

Take care,

Ar

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

Now, that I've got your attention. Would you please guide me through the process of changing those default titles inside NavBar tabs. I really need to change the wording inside of them.

Once again, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by NavBar. Are you referring to the navigation menu, the admin bar at the top of the page or something else entirely?

Thanks,
    Andrew

• SocialProjects
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Andrew,

Thanks again.

It seems I've got you lost.

Yeah, I'm referring to the tabs posted across the navigation (admin) bar on top of the page, as you have pointed out.

Now on my site, there's words like Forum, Blog, Blogs, Groups and Contact us that I would like to change for something else.

Would you please advise how to go through this changing process?

I have looked for something similar through Help & Support, but now I do realize that I was calling it Navigation Bar instead of the way you guys call it here, Admin Bar.

I hope you may help.

Take care,

Ar

• Christopher Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Depending on your theme, each tab might just be a link to each active "Page" in Wordpress. Some themes show all pages, some themes (e.g. educlean) show only specific pages.

If your theme is showing all Pages, you can change the order by looking at each 'Page' and adjusting the "Order" under 'Attributes'. Update each page after making any changes.

The theme will also dictate how or if an image header can be modified. If it is designed to allow easy changes, look for a menu item called "Custom Header" or the like under 'Appearance' on your admin menu (halfway down the left side when you are logged in as an admin). This option, if available, will allow you to upload and crop an image to the proper size.

• SocialProjects
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks again,

In reality I was referring to those like Groups, Forum, Members, Contact us that supposed to go under Pages.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find them neither to figure how to change the titles in them in BuddyPress Social.

:slight_frown:

• SocialProjects
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Christo,

In reality, I've been looking responses to this issue through buddypress.org but I couldn't find much in it either.

I've got this widget "Pages" but what that does it to add a new page to the layout. I've seen a couple of samples done by guys having the same BP theme I do; however. I'm sure everyone goes through this same admin bar hurdle.

I understand this BP Social theme was created here, so, that's why I decided to come and ask for ways to get around the issue.

However, I got a recomendation to hire a programmer. Ouch!

Thanks so much for your follow up, Christ. If I find anything worthy enough I'll pass that along :slight_smile:

Take care,

Ar

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

I understand this BP Social theme was created here, so, that's why I decided to come and ask for ways to get around the issue.

However, I got a recomendation to hire a programmer. Ouch!

Your first post lacked a lot of detail, was posted in the "plugin support" forum and referred to something called "NavBar".

You didn't mention anything about a theme. Since you posted in the "plugin support" forum and referred to something called "NavBar" I assumed you were asking for help with a plugin. We don't have a plugin called "NavBar" so I suggested you hire a developer if you needed assistance customizing the plugin.

In the future it would definitely be best if your first post included more information. For example, if you're asking for assistance with the navigation menu on your theme then it might help to A) let us know you're asking for help with a theme B) let us know which theme you need help with and C) provide a link to your site.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.