Changing Your WordPress Multisite to Sub-directories or Sub-domains

I followed the following post to switch from subdirectories to subdomains: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/change-wordpress-multisite-to-sub-directories-sub-domains/

However, when I get to the step that says
"Save the file, and go back to your admin dashboard. Under Settings > Network Setup, follow the instructions that appear to replace your current code in your “.htaccess” file. You will need to update this file in order for the switch to work."

I cannot get to the admin dashboard. I get the following error:
"One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be repaired."
I decided to go through those repair steps to see what was wrong:
It appears that I can't get into the site because I dropped the tables described earlier in the tutorial:

"If you would like to continue, then you will also need to remove these tables from your database:
wp_#_commentmeta
wp_#_comments
wp_#_links
wp_#_options
wp_#_postmeta
wp_#_posts
wp_#_terms
wp_#_term_relationships
wp_#_term_taxonomy"

Is there any way to fix this? It seems I have to restore my backup site and NOT remove those tables when I go through this process again, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Victoria,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think that the solution here would be to restore the previous site from backup entirely and then go again through this entire process, skipping the db table removal part.

I admit I'm a bit confused with this information and I've already contacted our writers about it. I'm sorry for the confusion and troubles it caused to you and in case you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Victoria
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi - After following this tutorial, I realized I made a rookie mistake when I backed up the site.

I did a full site backup which I now cannot restore. I am trying to find instructions for how to restore a full backup, but I'm not finding anything I can comprehend. It doesn't appear I can access my home directory in CPanel, which I didn't realize I would need when I backed up my site.

Any help with how to restore a full backup would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.