Chapters plugin for front-end users, and how to customize buddyblog?

Hi @Jack Kitterhing,
Thank you for your suggestions to my previous question! They were very useful!!

I installed the WP-Chapters plugin and it's allowing me (admin) to create 'books', but as a front-end user, no one else has access to this plugin...i.e no other user can create easy links to their posts to organise them into chapter-by-chapter book format. Can you please advise me on what I can do so all registered members on my site can access this.

And I installed buddyblog for showing all the authors' posts and it's working...but it shows the entire post underneath. Is there a way that it can only show the links/titles of the posts they have written and they have to click on the link/title to se the whole post?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ain.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ain,

Hope you're well today! Your most welcome! :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to grant me support access please via your wp-admin > WPMU DEV > support > support access and click "Grant Access".

I can then take a closer look at this for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ain
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi @Jack Kitterhing,
    Just granted support access.
    Please feel free to have a look at my site http://inksplutter.com and advise me on how I can optimise buddyblog and wp-chapters plugins for my users.

I installed the WP-Chapters plugin and it's allowing me (admin) to create 'books', but as a front-end user, no one else has access to this plugin...i.e no other user can create easy links to their posts to organise them into chapter-by-chapter book format. Can you please advise me on what I can do so all registered members on my site can access this.

And I installed buddyblog for showing all the authors' posts and it's working...but it shows the entire post underneath. Is there a way that it can only show the links/titles of the posts they have written and they have to click on the link/title to se the whole post?

Couldn't seem to reply on the initial thread so am writing this out here...sorry!

Thanks heaps!

Ain.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ain,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I've been looking into this and it seems the chapters plugin won't work front-end for the users, would it work for you if they had access to do this from the wp-admin?

Or would you prefer trying to find a solution that doesn't involve them accessing the the wp-admin?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.