Charge monthly & restrict plugins

I want to charge people monthly to register a blog and be able to use their own domain, which is perfect for WHMCS MU Provisioning, but I want to be able to disable items on the admin menu, such as plugins. I’d like to be able to choose a couple plugins that I want each plan to have.

Is that probable with WHMCS MU Provisioning or is that more of a Pro Sites thing?

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

If you intend to limit which plugins are accessible to which users, then you’ll likely want to go with Pro Sites. Are you offering hosting services beyond just WordPress hosting? If not, then Pro Sites is likely sufficient to achieve your goals.

If you want to disable portions of the administrative panel which cannot be disabled through a combination of Pro Sites and Ultimate Branding, then you’ll likely want to use something like this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/admin-menu-editor/.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

As Zyniker suggested above, its Pro Sites you will need to choose if you want to offer different plugins/themes to different levels.

WHMCS MU provisioning can only provision sites automatically and can’t restrict the access to plugins and themes.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers, PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

The original poster of this issue is no longer an active member on these forums.

I am marking this issue as resolved.

If however at some time the member becomes active again and the issue still exists, don’t hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status.

Cheers!

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.