Chat

Why do users have to be logged in to use the Chat? I do not want them to be logged in. I want to capture my visitors and allow them to chat with me (pre-sale questions).

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@vegaspro,

Actually the user does not have to logged into WP to participate in chat. You can enable the Public user option. In that instance when a non-WordPress user visits the site they will see a form asking for Name and Email. This is NOT a login form. There is not authentication performed to the WP system. This is simply a method to identify the user during the group chat. If a proper email address is provided is also allows chat to display the associate avatar/gravatar with that email address.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@vegaspro,

First, I'm showing this thread closed. Did you close it??

The message 'The Moderator has closed this chat session' is standard. Non-Moderators will see this message when the Moderator has closed the chat session.

If you log in as Moderator you will see multiple buttons below the chat input area. There buttons (depending on configuration) will be Open/Close Chat, Clear and Archive. Only the Moderator has that function. This feature was to allow those who host group chats to prevent random messages from non-Moderator users during off times. But in some cases sites use chat sort of like an open message board where it is open all day with or without moderators present. Once you open the chat you can leave/logout and users will not see that message.

Let me know if you still need help.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@vegaspro,

Understood on the message being displayed to guest users.

Here is how to fix that. Log into wp-admin as the admin of the site. Go to Settings > Chat. Then to the 'Bottom Corner Chat' tab. At the bottom of the listing you have some checkboxes. In the section 'Moderator Roles' ensure you have your role (admin) checked. Now visit the front-end of your site. When you (the moderator) view the chat you should see some buttons below the chat input area. As the moderator yu need to open the chat session.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.