chat add to post or page "this content cannot be displayed in a frame".

Hi,

BP 1.5.1, scholar theme, membership, pro sites all at latest levels. Chat 1.0.7b6 is network activated.

You can see the panel msg I get when I use the icon to add a chat to a page or post.
I wanted a page so I could use membership to help control access, tho I don't think that should be necessary.

I then added the chat to the bottom of my page, but the "Click here to chat!" link text is white on a light grey bkgrnd, but I figure I could change this easily enough. However, the link does not open a chat when the admin is logged in.

Any ideas?

Larry

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Larry,

I can't seem to replicate that over here so I'm a bit puzzled as to what that's coming from. Do you have other plugins activated? If so, could you try deactivating all plugins except the Chat to see how it works with that?

If not, could you just try with the bare Chat plugin activated?

Thanks,
    David

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Sure I will try to see if there is a conflict.

FYI, as I prepare this morning to start removing plugins, I ran another test of chat.
    I no longer get that error message when I insert the chat into a page. Not sure what would have changed. Maybe I did not clear cache? I'm pretty used to doing that, but maybe I forgot. Would that have caused this, i don't know but that is all I can think I might have done differently this morning. The bottom chat still does not work.

However, hitting "enter" does not send a message and the emotcons appear on the screen, but will not add to the message.

Regards,
    Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I disabled W3 Total Cache and Chat works, both the Page and the bottom chat. The bottom chat click here text colore needs to be changed, but it works.

When enabled W3 Total Cache causes Chat to fail.

I will try to find out if there a Total Cache setting that is not compatable.

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Chat quits working when I enable W3 Total Cache JS Minify. It is set to the default JSMin minifier.

The only other issue is that the Date, Name, Moderator Name Background colors don't seem to work and their text color is the same as the background white rather than black. I would think the text color would be the black Text color.

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

The chat color issue for my Page Chat was resolved for my by adding this to my child.css:
    /* Chat Colors */
    div.chat-wrap.avatar-enabled img.avatar,
    div.chat-wrap span.date,
    div.chat-wrap span.time,
    div.chat-wrap span.name {
    vertical-align: top !important;
    color: white !important;
    float: left !important;
    margin-right: 4px !important;
    margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    line-height: 1em !important;
    background-color: #008000 !important;
    }

I would like to renenable JS minify. Any ideas?

regards,
    Larry

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Larry,

I'll ask the developer to have a look here regarding the JS minify issue with W3 Total Cache as I suspect that would have to be addressed in the plugin's javascript.

Just to be sure though, the issue only arises when using the minify feature alongside Chat, correct?

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Larry,

Just to update you, we're making some changes to the chat plugin very soon. It's a priority and we'll see what we can do to obtain compatibility with the js minify feature. For now, it's best to keep that disabled while using the chat plugin.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.