Chat availability updates -- support calendar

It would be helpful to update the live support calendar and let your members know if support won't be available for a session. I was looking for some help and literally was checking in all day (3/9) long and ever session was unavailable. Jack did send an update on one of his; however the others did not.
I know "stuff happens" but when you publish a schedule, the member is expecting it to be staffed. Better to put a Red X through it and say, sorry issues have prevented coverage/whatever.
Not wanting to get anyone in trouble, as I wake my east coast arse up early today (day light savings ) to catch PC as he has been so helpful in the past.

Again- better back-office communication amongst the staff to let the members know the session is unavailable goes a long way.

Mike

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mike,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

We do update the calender with the status Host not available to let members know if live support won't be available for a session.

The status is updated by staffs so in your case our staff @PC might have missed to update it as he is having some problems and currently is not available for support.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I think it should be developed like this that when the staff is not available for the live session then after 5 minutes the status of support session for that staff should be automatically converted to "Host not available".

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Mike
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Vinod, hope all is Ok with PC.
    I thought this was sent directly to you. I was not trying to post in forum as I clicked contact us at bottom of page.
    Your support is what has me renewing my membership this month.

Mike

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply and kind words.

I also hope all is well with him.

I thought this was sent directly to you. I was not trying to post in forum as I clicked contact us at bottom of page.

To send email directly to me when sending an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ select "I have a different question" from the dropdown

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great day!

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.