Chat customization

Hi,

I would like to customize the user experience using the chat, as follows:

make private chat the only option available, so that each user will find a registration form with a pair of fields - name, email, maybe more for premium - and, on submit, to open the private chat panel right away, on a specific position of the page - anywhere, maybe making it feasible to decide where the visitors will see it, not only on the footer as the default does?

Is it feasible to have the following, maybe via the Multi site installation:

a dedicated page for each professional / user - registred wordpress user, not chatting visitor - answering via chat;
enable visitors to choose which professional they're going to chat with, clicking on that person's profile;
when a specific professional A is "called" that way, notification happens on professional A back end profile only;
chat history log, chat notifications, chat panel, are per single professional only, never ever shared with other professionals?

Does your plugin work fine in https protocol?

Is it feasible to make the chat work into some role / capability restricted page?

I'd like to use the chat as the core tool of a new on line service / brand.
I'm thinking about a service where each user is a professional with a face, name and other contact infos.
I'd like to ensure visitors that their chats will only be read by the professional they knew they had chatted with.

I'm also a not-that-bad Wordpress developer, so if you think some of the questions above can be answered via some code / your plugin API and a bit of support of yours, that surely would be a great plus.

Thanks in advance.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Roberto,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

Our Chat plugin won't be able to support such requirements. It does support private chats but only with either our Friends plugin installed or with BuddyPress with BP Friends module enabled. Therefore users have to be registered and have to first "make friends" with other users to be able to trigger private conversation.

What you need is more like a "support/sales" chat, I think. That is, if I correctly understand it. Our Chat plugin would require heavy customization on plugin's core level to achieve this. If you wish to follow that path, you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I think however you may be want to check other solution such as e.g. User Like (which we're using on our "sales chats") or similar.

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please and I'll be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.