chat features and integration to buddypress

Is the chat not integrated with buddypress or wordpress signups?when a user registers to my site they should be automatically signed in to the chat no need to signup to the chat.Another is that how to put the chat in my homepage menu?How to remove the chats because i tested it and the chats are still there even i logged out.I am using mycred how can i add the chat to be part of mycred hook in adding points everytime someone chats.thanks

• Ash

Hello @Warren

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Is the chat not integrated with buddypress or wordpress signups?when a user registers to my site they should be automatically signed in to the chat no need to signup to the chat.

He doesn't need to sign up for chat, but he needs to change his status to online. When someone is logged in, in top admin bar, there is a menu Chat and from there he can change his status to online.

Another is that how to put the chat in my homepage menu?

You need to create a page with chat shortcode, and you can add that page in your menu from Appearances > Menus.

How to remove the chats because i tested it and the chats are still there even i logged out.

I am sorry I am not sure what you mean. Would you please explain a little more, maybe with a screenshot?

I am using mycred how can i add the chat to be part of mycred hook in adding points everytime someone chats.

Let me ask the developer @Paul about this for his valuable opinion.

Cheers
    Ash

• Paul

@Warren,

Is the chat not integrated with buddypress or wordpress signups?

To be clear Chat does not directly support WP user authentication. You can enable Public, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ authentication. For WP/BuddyPress users they mud fist authenticate with some WP login. The form shown on Chat is Name and Email not Name and Password.

How to remove the chats because i tested it and the chats are still there even i logged out.

On the chat session if you are the moderator you will find the 'clear' menu item on the gear icon. See image. Depending on the chat configuration you may also see the 'Archive' option. If you are not seeing the 'clear' menu option it means you are not set as the chat moderator. You can also go to wp-admin > Chat > Sessions Logs and see all the chats. There you can delete etc.

I am using mycred how can i add the chat to be part of mycred hook in adding points everytime someone chats.

We offer no integration my mycred.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.