[Chat] Having two chats on the same page that don\'t share the chat

I was wondering if it is possible to have two chats (using the WPMU chat plugin) on the same page, that do not share content.

Currently if I place two page chats on the same page, if I type in one of the chats, the message(s) will also show up in the second chat.

I\'ve tried giving both chats different names, and that works, but the messages still appear in both.

Thank-you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The chat is identified by the page, not by it's name. It takes "post id" (from WP point of view posts and pages are posts actually, just of different type) and uses it to differentiate between "page chats". Because of that if you put more than one chat on the same page, they all be getting the same messages.

Changing that would require custom coding (most likely changes in plugin's core). If you need that feature urgently, you might consider asking for customization on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV stuff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

As of now, I've let my self to move this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum so it could be considered as feature request. That means that other Members of our community will be able to vote for it and if it gets more support, our developers may consider implementing it future. Please note: I cannot promise you that or give any ETA. Let's hope that the idea will get more votes then.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.