Chat log files, where are located?

I have the settings in the chat to keep log files but not display them. Where can I locate them myself as an administrator?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tonia,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I think that if you have the settings in the chat to keep log files but not display them, I think the only way to view them in this case would be with FTP and/or SSH access.

However, since I am not certain and I do not know everything, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@tonia, the Chat plugin does not create physical files that you can access via FTP/SSH The chat sessions are stored into two database tables. Unfortunately there is not admin interface within wp-admin where you can view these chat logs. Not yet anyway.

If you have access to your hosting control panel or phpMyAdmin or some other tool you will see the tables wp_chat_log and wp_chat_message

wp_chat_log – This shows the start and end time for the chant session.

wp_chat_message – This table shows the actual chat messages from users during the chat session.

Hope this helps. We do have a plan to add an admin interface where within wp-admin you will be able to review chat session messages. Along with other features.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.