Chat Plug in

I have downloaded and activated the plugin but can’t see anything on the site, what am I missing?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @zennyo

Welcome to the forums!

Did you configure the settings?

If you want in-post chat, go to the edit screen of whatever page or post you want it on. Then, while in the visual editor, click the "Chat" icon and configure & insert the shortcode. (see 1st screenshot)

If you want the bottom corner chat to display, you need to enable it. Go to "Settings" > "Chat" > "Bottom corner chat" and be sure "Show" is set to "Enabled". (see 2nd screenshot)

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @zennyo

The bottom corner chat will load on your site regardless of the page the user is viewing.

As for the settings not saving, that sounds like a conflict with another script/plugin. The only way to be sure is to go for basic troubleshooting as follows:

Revert to the default Twenty-Eleven theme and deactivate all other plugins. Is the problem still there? If yes, then something’s wonky in the install of the plugin, or WordPress :slight_smile:

If the issue is no longer present, reactivate your theme. Does the issue re-appear? If yes, theme conflict.

If the issue still does not re-appear, re-activate plugins one by one until it does and you find the conflicting plugin.

Once we’ve zeroed in on whatever may be the cause of your issue, we’ll be better equipped to deal with it.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.