chat plugin

how do i show the chat on the page ?

• Paul

@aecnu, Sorry there is a reason we don't mention the shortcode. There is a button for that.

@advancetek,

On Settings > Chat on the Advanced tab you should see two sets of checkboxes. The first controls which users can see the WYSIWYG button. The second controls on what post types the button will appears. See first image.

Once this is set you can then go edit a Page/Page/Whatever post type. On the WordPress editor you should see a button along the toolbar. Make sure you on are on the 'Visual' editor tab. See second image.

Clicking this button will display a popup where you can customize the chat display if needing it different than the defaults on Settings > Chat. See third image

when you insert the shortcode it needs to have the unique ID parameter.

• advancetek

Hello Paul / Joe,

Thanks for your help. I have understood the process now with your help.
    However, for some reason when i refresh a page I see the chat button appear for about a millisecond and then the page displays.

I have a feeling the theme I am using overrides the chat popup or makes it go in the background.

If you wish to check by logging in, the admin details are;
    kccreditservices.com/sales/wp-admin
    u: admin
    p: Sales$1999

If you will need ftp details I can share.

Please advise.

(I will open a separate ticket for help on the Membership Plugin).

Thanks & I appreciate the great support.

Shameel

• Paul

@advancetek,

Sorry, I didn't notice until I just logged in. You are running the chat lite version. Please upgrade to the full version.

However, for some reason when i refresh a page I see the chat button appear for about a millisecond and then the page displays.

Not sure I follow. Were you able to add the chat shortcode to a page/page?

I was able to log into your wp-admin and add a page http://kccreditservices.com/sales/wp-admin/post.php?post=85 using the chat button I previously mentioned. However when I attempt to view the page in the front-end nothing. Like you I suspect this is related to the theme. Try switching to the default theme. And/or talk to your theme developer. No much I can do at this point.

• aecnu

Greetings advancetek and Paul,

@Paul thank you for the reply and for the additional instructions to the member. Regarding the short code, I have a useful little plugin that discloses all the shortcodes in an installation. It has been useful a thousand times +

@advancetek How are you making out with your installation and Chat? Have you made the swap form the lite version to the regular Chat plugin version?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe