chat plugin

ive recently installed chat.. though the window appears for a chat on one end, and in another browser, do not see how to engauge in the chat.. please see greadvice.com
i see nothing that indicates a chat to begin or how to join in.. etc.. please explain.. thanks
Drue

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi agentsnation and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Something's definitely not right here. Just to check, what theme is it you're using there? I'm guessing it's the Product theme, but just wanted to be sure as I'm checking this out with that theme and am not seeing any similar issues.

Also, any could you possibly post a screenshot of your settings for the bottom-corner chat?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi agentsnation,

Just checking back with you on this one. I see the chat's still exhibiting the same behavior, which I'm a bit stumped about as I can't seem to replicate it.

Another thing I should have asked though, are you using the latest version of WordPress and Chat?

Thanks,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Drue,

Can you answer David's questions above? It'll help us track down the issue. As David said, we haven't been able to replicate this which makes it difficult to sort. Let's get a peak at your settings and let us know what versions of WordPress and the chat plugin you have.

Thanks!

• agentsnation
    • New Recruit

Hi Guys,

We're using WP multisite 3.21. as well the latest version of your chat. If you would like to check the settings, please visit greadvice.com/wp-login.php
    [Login details removed by moderator]

What i see happening is, the chat is on the home page at the bottom, but where does it indicate or prompt the site owner, to join the chat?
    Please let me know
    Thanks
    Drue

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Drue,

Thanks for the additional info, I removed the login details as we don't want those on a public forum.

Can you try switching to a different theme (just as a test) such as the TwentyTen or TwentyEleven themes?

Also, you may want to update your version of the Builder theme (current is 3.2.2).

If none of the above works, I'd recommend deactivating all plugins on that site and enabling the chat plugin only to test and see if it work. If it does, re-enable the plugins one at a time until you find the culprit that is causing the conflict.

Thanks!

• ykotlar
    • New Recruit

Hi,

I added the chat plugin to my site as well. I enabled the bottom right option as well, and it displays and works fine. Like the others posted here, I do not see any management tool to manage and view incoming chats. Am I missing something here? I have used live chat software many times.

• ykotlar
    • New Recruit

Hi,
    I added the chat plugin to my site as well. I enabled the bottom right option as well, and it displays and works fine. Like the others posted here, I do not see any management tool to manage and view incoming chats. Am I missing something here? I have used live chat software many times.

Sorry, I forgot to mark as not resolved. :slight_smile:

• agentsnation
    • New Recruit

Hi ykotlar..

I didnt have any luck with it either.. What i think it needs is a standalone app that is similar to messenger, Live messenger, yahoo, bold chat, live chat.. some type of open source messaging service that ties it together.. because the way it appears to approach this is, you would constantly have to be logged into your WP backend.. and im not aware of any services that are built into WP that could symbolize a live chat instance.
    So the plugin could be the integration to WP, though a secondary service actually power the conversation...
    I could be completely wrong about my comment here.. but again as I mentioned above, I didnt have any luck with getting an answer that suits.
    If you hear something, let me know also..
    Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi ykotlar and agentsnation,

The Chat plugin provides more of a general chat experience currently and doesn't provide moderation of chats per se, not at this time at least. The developers are looking into some things to that effect though there's not moderation options in it just yet.

You might also consider adding your vote to the following request for moderation features:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/moderation-notification-banning-commenters

Extra voice from the community helps to get particular developments more attention.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.