Chat plugin color issues

Please see http://supply-networks-that-learn.com/

It is difficult to see the chat sign up and text unless it is showing with a dark background. How can this be fixed so that when the page has a white background you can still see the text for logging in and for finding it at the bottom of the site?

Dustin

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

It looks like the styling has been edited. Your background-color is missing the '#' sign which is why the normal light blue color isn't displaying.

Go to the Settings>Chat page and select the tab for bottom corner chat. You should see that the 'border' color is missing the '#' sign. Just add that back in and the border will again appear. You can also change it to any color ya like with the included color picker.

thanks!

• dustinmattison
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I don't understand. See attached screen shot. None of the colors have the # sign. What exactly should I do? Also, how do I change the 'click here to chat' text color? The white color is not visible in front of the grey background.

I haven't changed any coding, I am not sure why it is doing this.

Also, any ideas on why the Facebook login doesn't work?

Dustin

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dustin,

Each one of those sets of numbers (ex: FFFFFF) should have a '#' in front of it (ex: #FFFFFF). This is proper syntax for calling a color with CSS.

The header color isn't customizable through the admin. You'll want to add the custom color through your theme's style.css (or wherever you're adding custom styling) like so:
    #chat-block-site .chat-block-header { color: #CCCCC !important; }

Of coursed, you'll want to change the HEX value to the actual color you want to use.

Thanks!

• dustinmattison
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Are you saying I have to do coding to change the color of the text that says "click here to chat"?

I tried pasting that code into the child theme style.css but nothing happened.

#chat-block-site .chat-block-header { color: #FFFFFF !important; }

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dustin,

Are you saying I have to do coding to change the color of the text that says "click here to chat"?

Yes.

I tried pasting that code into the child theme style.css but nothing happened.

Hmm... I'm not seeing it in your source code anywhere.
    #chat-block-site .chat-block-header { color: #FFFFFF !important; }
    The above is what you would use to make the text be white. Of course, it's already white so it would be hard to see any difference - still I don't see the code anywhere on the site.

Did my point earlier about adding the # sign make sense?

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Maryville,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Strange that the plugin is stripping them out for you. I'm not seeing this and also using FF4.

I'll ask the developer to take a look though and we'll see if there's some sort of intermittent issue here. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.