Chat plugin conflicting with login dropdown

When the Chat plugin is activated, the dropdown login section of my site won't work. The site darkens slightly, but the pop-up login window will not appear. The only way to login is wp-admin.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Bruce

I hope you are well today!

Have you tried switching the Chat Session Polling Content to the alternate method?

Would you please also activate the chat plugin on your site so we can see it in action, and look for conflicts with browser tools?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Bruce,

Thanks for your post.

What is the link to your site please ?

The one registered in your account is protected and I am not able to see it. If that is the site, kindly disable the protection so that we can test that.

Also, there are a few plugin updates available on that site, please make sure all your plugins are up to date.

Cheers, PC

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Bruce,

Yeah, look like either a JavaScript conflict of something with your theme. When I load the page in Firefox and check the console I'm seeing an error that page of the chat data is not being loaded. Chat loads most of what it needed into the footer via the wp_footer hook. I see the chat JS file loaded but WordPress should also be added the localized variables

Suggestions:

Try switching to the default theme? See if you can get these working together.

Might be some other plugins effecting them all.

• Bruce
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have an LMS plugin being used on a second site in the multisite network. It has had some errors where it was applying to all of the sites on the network instead of just the places where it is activated.

I think the plugin has since been fixed so I'm going to attempt to use the Chat plugin once again. What kind of system resources does the plugin take up?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster of this thread.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.