Chat plugin. maximumresites.com

Good day. I have just installed the Chat plugin and would like to know where visitors chat appears in the admin?

Thanks.

Matt

• Tyler Postle

Hey Matt,

Hope you're doing well today!

I think I might be misunderstanding the question. Visitors won't be able to visit the admin area without logging in.

Or are you referring to where the dashboard chat widget will show up? It should show up right on your dashboard with your other widgets. First you will need to turn it on via your user profile if you haven't already. Users > Your profile.

You can enable the dashboard widget by going to: Chat > Settings Dashboard.

If it's the bottom corner chat you want to enable in the admin then you can do that via:

Chat > Settings site > Bottom Corner tab and select "Enabled" for WPAdmin.

Hopefully that covers it. If I still missed your question then just let me know and I'll take another look at this for you :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Do you follow the CoD eSports scene at all? You have the same name as a very popular pro player :p if your username is your actual name anyway.

• Ash

Hello @matthaag

I hope you are well today.

How do I get chat history from not being displayed to all users?

Please go to Chat Settings Site > Bottom Corner > and disable "Allow Private Chat popup to reopen after existing?".

Ideally, I would like to use the plugin without forcing any type of login?

Well, you can enable public chat but they still need to provide their name and email address. For that please go to Chat > Settings Page/Settings Widgets/Settings Site > Authentication and check the public user box for "Other Login Options:".

You can change the text for login in the same settings pages in "Message Displayed on Main Chat Area to Prompt User Login" field.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.