Chat Plugin not working - causes problem with mysql

Had major problems with it today upon installation. I would type something to chat and it wouldn't show up until a minute later. I had the experts at LiquidWeb (I have a dedicated server,and they're the best hosting around) check it out and they said the Chat plugin was backlogging mysql, causing it to crawl. We deactivated the plugin and everything improved. Re-activated it and the site crawled again. The Chat plugin was one of the main reasons for my purchase. Please let me know how to make this work. Thanks.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@stevew1000, Please provide more details on your setup.

1. WordPress single or Multisite?
    2. If multisite how many sites?
    3. What theme are you running? And version
    4. What other plugins are you running?
    5a. Related to the chat plugin how are you using the plugin? It supports inline chat via shortcodes as well as the ever present bottom corner chat.
    5b. What login options are you allowing? Specifically, are you allowing Facebook and or Twitter user authentication via chat or other plugins?

I don't have a dedicated server but have access to a number of shared servers. On all I don't seem to have an issue with chat. Then again these are plain vanilla site running default theme and at most one or two other plugins. So not a real world test environment.

Also this is somewhat of a duplicate https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/chat-is-very-resource-hungry#post-311889

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@stevew1000,

Back to your LiquidWeb techs report. So if this is in effect slowing MySQL they should have enabled what is known as the slow query setting (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/slow-query-log.html). This will output to a text file queries that are taking longer than X number of seconds. This should be a somewhat normal procedure the techs follow. and would be helpful to know what if anything is occurring on the server.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.