Chat plugin not working on mobile

This plugin is awesome, works great on my desktop site (have taken the time to style as necessary).

However, now testing on my mobile and it just outputs the shortcode as text i.e. [chat].

Anything I'm missing here?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello debunc,

This is strange - because its not browser task to process shotcode but WordPress. So when WordPress process shortcode on page on desktop then it will process on the same page on mobile browser.
    Know issue with processing shortcodes is when you use them in the text widgets because without right filter shortcodes will no be processed.

// Enable the use of shortcodes in text widgets.
    add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode' );

So my question is - are you using shortcode in the same place and output is different? Can I see it live?
    I tested this on my site and on iphone it works fine

kind regards,
    Kasia

• debunc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the response Kasia,

This is not happening for me, I also have WP Touch Pro installed, but both shortcodes are active for mobile theme and the WP Chat plugin is enabled for mobile too.

All other shortcodes I use work on both my desktop and mobile theme.

• debunc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Quick update - i've been able to isolate the issue more specifically to WP Touch Pro not parsing certain shortcodes. I can fix this within my theme so will mark this ticket as resolved, seeing as it's not a Chat only issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.