Chat Plugin - Upfront/Spirit Want to set for chat with no log-in required

There seem to be some issues with Upfront and the Chat Widgets. They won't load. So I've added a Chat by doing the Short Code. I don't want to require a log-in for this particular chat. I have looked at every setting (i.e. Page/site/widget/dashboard) and can't figure it out.

• Jude

Hi there GreenTiger

Was expecting this for a while :slight_smile:

Looks like you missed support access ? Anyhoo you can set it so users can login with just their name and email by allowing "public" users via: Chat > Settings Site > Authentication.

The name is just so that the chat doesn't display something like "user05692" and the email field is simply to confirm that a valid email address is used to prevent spammers. No account is ever created!

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Jude

• GreenTiger

Sorry Jude. I guess I haven't had enough coffee!

I understand the concept. The problem I'm having is that if there is a "Subscriber" who has registered at the site tries to just go straight to the Live Chat Room, when they try to "log-in" from that area, it gives a response "Duplicate name". It is getting confusing for people to tell them they have to "log-in" to the site and then navigate to the Live Chat page.

I've done that setting multiple times trying to allow public users and still can't get it to work.

Access now set.

• Luís

Hi GreenTiger ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the delay in the reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I tested your website enabling the chat widget in the front-end (Chat -> Settings Site) I it worked well, the chat window was displayed. The chat window is minimized by default, you can change it in Chat -> Settings Site -> Bottom Corner, "Display Bottom Corner Initial View" field.

Regarding to your last reply, I understand that can confuse the users, however I can suggest to change the "Message Displayed" and give some instructions to the users already registered in the website, to log in first.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.