Chat settings still concerns me

As I mentioned in my last reply to you chat is something I am interested in and that I would keep checking back to see if with updates made it would be at point to meet my needs.

So I checked and while there are some improvements like the send button etc it is still not working the way I expected to.

So I logged on with 3 devices. 1 laptop where I signed in with admin access, 2 other laptop without logging in and 3 on ipad not logged in.

Great I was able to enter an email address and name which is great for spam prevention. I was not able to see anywhere where the sample email address I used to login showed up.

I am still having issues with the fact that I went to the site in on my ipad being the third device without logging in and I was still able to see the conversation on screen that I being a simulated customer # 3 was not apart of. This means that anyone who logs onto the site is able to see my testing content on the front end not to mention finished conversation/unfinished conversation with other clients not relating to them.

I am not pleased. Maybe I am doing something wrong, if so please advise.
It is not that I need to point out flaws, but I really am looking forward to this plugin working to suit my business needs since it is from wpmu and dont wish to buy another to replace this.

thanks

• aristath

I was not able to see anywhere where the sample email address I used to login showed up.

That's cause it's not displayed anywhere. The email is used only for authentication purposes.

I am still having issues with the fact that I went to the site in on my ipad being the third device without logging in and I was still able to see the conversation on screen that I being a simulated customer # 3 was not apart of.

Chats are public. Think of them as a chatroom...
    If you want a chat to be private you can simply do a 1-on-1 chat using this plugin. This way the chat will be private between the admin and the member at hand.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jo

maybe you are missing the whole point of how chat works for businesses. If you look at facebook, hosting companies and all the companies websites I have ever been on the chats were always private. and when the chat ends it gives you the the front end user to either email a copy of the chat to themselves or save it.

Under no circumstances did I ever see a chat with the exception of public (group) chat rooms and open post on facebook or openly tweeting can you ever see the content of what is meant to be a proprietary chat info showcased to the public for all to see.

Ari I have to disagree with you on this one completely. please research any company especially in north Americas chat how they work on website and then and only then I feel this chat will be beneficial to people on this side. The answers you provide in chat are not meant to be the answers to everyone problems. Therefore I find it unprofessional when the content lingers behind on the web page for the world and search engines to see what was discussed between you and a particular individual ions ago. Totally disappointed in knowing clearly that this is how this plugin works. Now I know it will never meet my need or that of the businesses i service.

Cheers!

• aristath

This plugin focuses on public chats. That's why I mentioned in my previous post that it works as a chat ROOM.
    Private chats were only recently introduced, and we are slowly adding more features to make it more focused on sites that want to provide support via chat, adding new features and tweaking existing ones.

These features are not currently available, but are being worked on and will be added.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.