"Cheatin' uh?" - what on earth is this? Creating custom HTML templates ...

Hi

I'm creating a custom HTML email template, and uploading revisions via FTP, and after the latest upload, I get this weird message - "cheatin' uh?", and now I can't edit the email in the plugin interface.

It seems to be built into the code, but it's not helpful\intuitive\informative.

How can I get rid of this and get on with my work?

Thanks
Richard

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Richard Lyall,

Are you logged in as an administrator account? If you're not, it's possible that the account doesn't have permissions. These can be set from the "user permissions" tab" of e-Newsletter settings.

If that's not it, Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Richard Lyall,

I'm sorry for the delay here. The "Cheatin' uh?" message is part of WordPress core, and is presented whenever WordPress suspects an unauthorized user is trying to reach an admin page. It's possible for this to happen to full admins if role checks are performed using a custom capability. It's possible for that capability to not be present, which usually triggers that error. I understand if you've found something else to you. Please do let me know if you need any other help here.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.