Check boxes on edit profile not aligning correctly

Hi

I have had a similar issue in the past regarding the Buddypress custom profile entries and check boxes not aligning correctly.

Patrick kindly helped me out and gave me this code:

.widget_bp_profile_search #bps_widget  input[type="checkbox"], #profile-details-section .editfield input, #profile-details-section .editfield textarea, #profile-details-section .editfield select {
width:auto;
}

It has solved the issue but not on the buddypress edit profile page where the profile checkboxes do not align.

I assume that the class name is different for this page and I need to add it but I am having trouble finding the right css.
I was wondering if anyone can point out the css please?

Kind regards
Mark

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@mark_bonito,

Here you go!

.editfield input, .editfield textarea, .editfield select {
    width: auto;
    }

Just tested this and it works. You can put it in the same place that you put the code from Patrick.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@mark_bonito,

I'm sorry Mark, I missed something the first time around with this. Patrick's code already does what mine does - so forget mine altogether. The problem was there is a BuddyPress specific stylesheet being pulled in AFTER the child theme. So some of what we just setup was getting overridden.

Give this a try replacing the code from Patrick. This is more of an extension of what his is doing anyway, so it's better to just replace.

.widget_bp_profile_search #bps_widget  input[type="checkbox"], #profile-details-section .editfield input, #profile-details-section .editfield textarea, #profile-details-section .editfield select, .profile .editfield input, .profile .editfield textarea, .profile .editfield select {
    width:auto;
    }

What I've done here is setup rules that are more explicit than the ones in the BP stylesheet. More explicit means higher priority, so these rules should take precedence and fix the page for you.

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.