Check out my Buddypress install. Suggestions?

Just thought I'd invite ya'all to check out the Buddypress install I have going on right now. It's for a Health and Fitness Challenge to begin the new year. Site is at http://fit42.net

I'm still learning the ins and outs of Buddypress, so if you have any suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

• teach42

@DrMike While it's open to anyone, for the most part it's only being promoted through my own personal social media avenues, which means most people have an idea what's going on by the time they get there. But you're right, an FAQ would certainly be worht including. Regarding the numbers, what browser/OS are you using? I'm not seeing that, but I'll be honest... this is kinda a side 'for fun' project, so I haven't done much in the way of extensive testing.

@MasonJames thanks, glad you like it! Lenovo gave me a review unit of that computer, and an extra to give away. Most in hte program just did a "Tweet this and win" sort of thing, I thought this might be a bit more fun :slight_smile:

• wpcdn

Looks good so far!

One suggestion: The big blurb (with registration and the large image) makes sense on the front page, but is a bit intrusive on other pages. It's the kind of thing you expect to see on the home page of a site, but not sub-pages. On sub-pages, the goal is generally to have as much content as possible visible "above the fold," but this blurb pushes everything down so that, depending on monitor size, little or no content is visible "above the fold."

I don't know if this is a limitation of the theme or not, but I'd recommend turning the blurb off on sub-pages if possible.

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.