Check out SSL - country - MarketPress / CoursePress

Hi, I decided to try the product MarketPress and I upgraded it to pro to be able to get payment gateways ready and I installed the CoursePress as well, regular version.

1. I could not find anyway to use SSL with stripe gateway, because there is an error each time I try and checkout:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

2. After disabling the SSL (which by the way I would never buy from a unsecured site myself, so I doubt people will on my site) the checkout button works but then the next problem arrives. When I checkout like that (unsecure, even though the button checkout displays "Secure checkout, shopping is always safe and secure"), two things are off.
2A. I can't see any text object in any of the field - I did selected the override in admin mode to bypass themes for checkout and then everything started working (like it is now in the post, before that nothing worked), I cannot see anything in the fields (the textfields). How can I override the theme at this location to be able to see and edit in the text fields?
2B. Only USA or UK as option for country. How come?

3. I processed the order through Paypal, it worked fine. But if I select credit card payment at checkout, the site is still insecure to proceed. How do I enable SSL for the shopping cart?
3A. I tried putting bogus numbers for the credit card and I see a spinning wheel for about 1 sec and then nothing, no error, no complete, no warning.... what up?

I am using a theme called customizr - wordpress 4,4,2 and this is my site http://watchon.club with your demo course live http://watchon.club/courses and I am using Firefox to try this.

Any help would be great. Thanks, Huni.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Huni,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Let's get through this "step by step" if you don't mind :slight_smile:

1. I could not find anyway to use SSL with stripe gateway, because there is an error each time I try and checkout:

The SSL is required when Stripe works in Live Mode. Enabling that option requires you to add SSL certification to your site, otherwise it will not work. There's however one more issue to consider: for "test" and "live" modes of Stripe there are two separate API keys sets and while toggling between these modes you will need also to replace API keys in plugin config.

Secure checkout, shopping is always safe and secure

It does say that because SSL is required for all real (not test) transactions with Stripe therefore shopping is indeed "always safe and secure". You can use stripe without SSL in test mode only so from the "Stripe point of view" there's no "real shopping" then.

I can't see any text object in any of the field - I did selected the override in admin mode to bypass themes for checkout and then everything started working (like it is now in the post, before that nothing worked), I cannot see anything in the fields (the textfields).

I'm not sure to which "fields" are you referring to. Could you please explain that a little for me? A sample screenshot would be of great help here.

2B. Only USA or UK as option for country. How come?

I can see in your checkout Canada and United states only, currently. Please go to your dashboard's

"Store Settings -> Shipping" page and take a look at "Target Countries" option. Is there an "All Countries" option selected or only particular countries? You can define all available countries there.

3. I processed the order through Paypal, it worked fine. But if I select credit card payment at checkout, the site is still insecure to proceed. How do I enable SSL for the shopping cart?

I can see that your site is available via secure (https://) connection but I think the WP setup for SSL is not fine as loading even the homepage over SSL results in a page with no CSS styles loaded and most likely missing JavaScripts (which would explain a lot of issues that you mentioned).

Can you tell me please something more on how did you implement the SSL certification for your site?

3A. I tried putting bogus numbers for the credit card and I see a spinning wheel for about 1 sec and then nothing, no error, no complete, no warning.... what up?

Was that for PayPal or Stripe and did you use their "official" bogus card numbers? Also, I think that it would be better if we could address (hopefully fix) all the issues here one by one as one may lead to an "automatic" fix of another :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Huni

Thank you for the reply and sorry my late reply.

1. Your suggestion with the store shipping "all countries" did the job, now I can select the country I am shopping from. Nice job, thanks. Solved!

2. Here is a sample screenshot where there is no way to see the quantity being bought
    Image:

3. I did the SSL setup with the help of a support desk at GoDaddy, what info do you need to be able to look or find out why its not working? Both paypal (working) and stribe (not working SSL) are live on the site.

4. I was only going to address 3 things here but another (minor) error come up now. If I select a course to buy, then go into my cart and remove the course, next I go a select the course again, then I have two courses in my cart. Is there a way to make courses have the same restrictions as digital download product (so that you can only have one in your cart). I don't see the point to be able to put 2,3 or 4 items in the cart of the same course.

Look forward to hear more and slowly but surely solving these issues.
    Huni.
    P.S. do you want a temp admin access to look behind the scenes?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Huni,

Thank you for your response!

1. Your suggestion with the store shipping "all countries" did the job, now I can select the country I am shopping from. Nice job, thanks. Solved!

That's great, I'm really glad I could help :slight_smile:

2. Here is a sample screenshot where there is no way to see the quantity being bought

I'm not exactly sure how did you created course products. Were they automatically created by CoursePress for you or did you do this manually? By design, CoursePress should create products automatically and that set's the default quantity to 1. On a product page (that applies to a course product as well) there's a "Limit Per Order" option that should be set to "1".

I'd like however to take a closer look at your setup regarding this and following issues. The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin "support access" will suffice for now so could you please grant it for me?

Here's a guide on how this can be done:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Huni,

Thanks for granting access!

I took a look around your dashboard and the issue with the course (as shown on the screenshot that you recently posted) is that there's no such course. There are two courses available but the "course product" doesn't refer to any of them. This wouldn't work then and although I do agree that this may be a "glitch"/error that should be troubleshooted I'm not able to check the course that doesn't exist anymore.

I did notice however that you're using a "lite" (free) version of CoursePress. Therefore, my suggestion on this would be as follows:

1. remove the "Aenean..." course from "Store -> Products" as it's not attached to any course
    2. Update CoursePress to full CoursePress Pro
    3. Once this is done try re-setting one of existing courses as paid course (re-saving it should do the trick) or create a new paid course (via "CoursePress -> New Course").

As I said before, this should then automatically create a product and hopefully then this part should then work fine. Let me know please how this went.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Huni,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for your questions. :slight_smile:

My colleagues Adam's solution will help you to remove pre-shipped course and upgrade your plugin to its pro version. Problem with SSL checkout is his next priority I think . So fist please follow his steps to solve your issue with course itself and then we will move forward to solve your issue with SSL.

Can I trip content out in the pro plugin (set-up up a course that takes 7 days for example)?

This is not possible if you are planning to make this process repeatable, but if you are willing to make it only for once. You can do something like this,

#1) Adjust course's start date and end date according to 7 days schedule, ( Courses > <edit Course> > Course Overviews > Course Dates )
    #2) Enable Student enrolment for that time period only! ( Courses > <edit Course> > Course Overviews > Course Dates )

#3) Create units and set its availability in a such a way that it becomes available only from certain day of week. ( Courses > <edit Course> > Units > <Select Unit > > Unit Availability )

Please keep in mind that this will only work for once, Once units be available for access, it will be for forever from that time. You will need to change course's starting and ending time along with student's enrolment and units availability whenever you want to implement trip kind of flow. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you and clear up your doubts. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.