Checkbox List Not displaying properly.

Hi, Hope I can get some help here, still in early stages of building http://findlocalplumbers.com.au/locations/melbourne/

Am using loopbuddy from Pluginbuddy to display my listings.

All other Custom post types are displaying fine except the checkbox list,

This is what displays with the checkbox list.

Array
(
[0] => Domestic
[1] => Commercial
[2] => Emergency
[3] => Blocked Drains
[4] => Gas Fitter
[5] => Hot Water
)

Is there anything I can do to clean this up?

Am using WP 3.4, latest Directory Version, Ithemes Builder theme

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ian Redford
http://adwordscoaching.com.au

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

Thank you for the additional feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

From first glance I thought we were having a code stripping problem similar to that done by the visual editor.

I have no clue as to why it is not rendering correctly other then a possible loopbuddy problem/conflict and I am the first to admit that I certainly do not know everything.

Therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer with his invaluable insight to possibly give us the answer to why this is rendering in this manner.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get his attention in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

Looks like you triggered some debug code in one of the plugins. A print_r statement is writing out the value of an array.

Two things. Try using the attached beta of Directory.

Second in your Loopbuddy, looks like you've made a custom post type locations. Make sure that the Rewrite slug in the post type is different from the slug for the page displaying your loopbuddy pages. The must be unique or the system can't tell which one to. use

• Arnold

Hi Ian,

Here's what I'm finding. You've overridden the default templates for display-custom-fields using the loop buddy pages instead. Then you used customfields in loopbuddy to pull the custom fields into you loopbuddy page. That works on simple strings, text and textarea, but not on complex type like checkboxes, radio boxes etc. For those the data is stored as arrays that can store multiple values and need to be interpreted to display in a comma delimited list. So a loopbuddy custom field tag isn't going to work.

What should work is using a shortcode for the custom field. The shortcode would expand the field for you. I tried it on your "Directory Page Melbourne" layout. I put the shortcode for the custom field in a shortcode loopbuddy special tag. but it returns nothing. To make sure the shortcode was working I put it in the Listing for Active Plumber for a test and there it expands properly. So the shortcode loopbuddy tag isn't working in this case.

The rest of the fields appear to be working.

don't know what you can do about it as loopbuddy is controlling the display.

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.