Checkout

I'm not sure if this is just me not knowing or a issue with my install. I can't seem to get the classifieds to work using the paid option. When I sign in with a test account and go to place an ad. I fill out the ad, put the duration down and submit. The ad is submitted without the need to pay for the ad. It's also weird that I can't see the test user's ad from my admin dashboard but when I click on the classifieds link in the menu bar I can see all ads on the site.

I've set up the sandbox and can purchase credits through the test account if I manually go to the checkout page.

You can view the issue here -

http://carwashtimes.com

username: test
pw: test

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya curtisb83,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry you're having an issue here. I took a look at your site and there's a javascript error on the front page. Looks like something has been added to the theme template? I couldn't connect it with any specific plugin - but you may want to try disabling other plugins to see if there's a conflict there.

I did also try a login, but the credentials weren't valid for me.

Let us know and we'll look into this further with ya.

Thanks!

• curtisb83
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm sorry about that. I was thinking the same thing so I did a fresh install of wordpress this morning with no plugins. Just the classifieds and its still not working. The ad will post with out going to through the payment process.

The user account for the classified is -
    carwashtimes.com
    username: test-user

I can complete the entire paypal process to buy tokens but the credits aren't reflected in the test account.

I see that the 2.02 version has a redirecting bug fixed. I was thinking maybe I should try that version.

Thanks for your help!

• curtisb83
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Here are some things I have done maybe to isolate the troubleshooting.

I read the instructions again just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. I feel like I could still be the issue. :slight_smile: Because this plugin seems to work for everyone else.

I reinstalled the wordpress site twice, and I thought maybe for some reason degrading the plugin to the 2.02 version would help. But it hasn't. So I put it back at 2.03.

Some thinks I have noticed:

I can go through the entire paypal process and purchase tokens but the tokens don't show up in my account.

I found out that if I save the ad as a draft and than try to publish it later it will actually redirect me to checkout. I will pay for credits and complete the process but my account still says 0 credits but the sandbox paypal account have been debited.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya curtisb83,

Apologies for the delayed response here. We've just released an update for Classifieds - though it's for a templating issue which isn't related.

Let's go to the basics. When you log in as admin you should see a new classifieds menu at the very bottom (separate from where you actually create a new classified). Go to Classifieds>Settings and make sure you've set up everything properly - including checking the box next to "Enable Credits".

If credits are enabled, when a new member signs up they should be able to purchase credits and you can even provide them with a certain initial amount.

Please let us know once you've verified this step.

Thanks!

• curtisb83
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I don't know, I'm hitting my head against the wall on this one. Maybe its my server settings or something. I thought maybe it was sandbox api settings. So I redid those but still nothing. Ive redone every step of the process like three times. So here is what I have for my admin settings.

I made screenshots of all the settings.

One thing I discovered is that using the test account I can checkout and purchase a credits to create an ad if I first save the the ad as a draft. So with this new install I did the user account to test it out is:

http://www.carwashtimes.com

It already has some credits added to it.

If you need the site admin pw than just let me know.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya curtisb83,

I'm still not able to replicate this error. I noticed in your screenshots here you've got it giving 4 credits on sign up - perhaps that's why they're immediately table to create an ad?

Still looking to get this sorted for ya. Thanks.

• curtisb83
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry for the delay, just finished moving from Texas to Virginia. I finally have some time. Thanks for keeping on top of the issue but I'm still having issues with it. I was wondering if you went through the whole ad creating process. Even when using the registered user with 38 credits and creating an add there are no credits deducted from the account, and when you click to edit the ad than it goes to a blank screen. If you can just verify that you created an add, and credits were taken out than Ill stop bothering you guys. :slight_smile:

carwashtimes.com

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya folks,

We're working on some updates for the entire payment process for a couple plugins on WPMU DEV. Classifieds is one of them. I haven't seen this issue before (and still don't see the blank page appearing when clicking on edit - can you provide a screenshot of this or the exact link you're clicking) but we're looking into it now.

Thanks!

• Pixel Jar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm having similar problems with classifieds. I know you're working on it, so I won't re-report the issue, just wanted to let @curtisb83 that she's not alone. :slight_smile: I've gone through similar install/re-install tests and have the same issues.

• curtisb83
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure why you cant see the problem. If you log in as user: test pw: test and my classifieds and than edit ad than it goes to a blank screen. I attached some screenshots. I've tried on different browsers just to make sure maybe it wasn't firefox.

• soberhood
    • Flash Drive

I am running Classifieds Version 2.0.5 I do not have a classifieds/credit nav or page surface for my classified member users. So, there is no "purchase" credits button.

Through the admin account, I have tried various setting with no luck

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi soberhood, we can take a look into that if you'd like to create a new thread on that specific matter.

@curtisb83, I believe Mason was referring to testing on a test site. Both he and myself have test sites for this where we can't replicate the issue. I can see the issue you're referring to on your site, though it's really hard to see why that's occurring there.

Could you try checking your error logs to see if they might provide a hint of some sort?

Thanks,
    David

• curtisb83
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David,
    I was looking on my cpanel to see what I could find but I don't really know what to look for, if you want to give me some quick instructions on what you need than I can do that, or I can give you access to my cpanel login. Whatever works best.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Argh, sorry this is still an issue for ya. Ok, as there's nothing in the error logs, I'm gonna recommend that a re-install of the classifieds plugin. I'll ask Andrey, the developer, to comment as well as he mentioned above that he has a new version in the works that has a much better checkout process.

Thanks for your patience.

• Siobhan
    • New Recruit

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.