Checkout issues in Marketpress

Hey there, a couple of questions for you. (almost had this all typed up and accidentally clicked outside the ask a question window, which closed it and deleted my questions… )

This site is due to push live early next week: http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/

1) See attached screencap – when I put the test item in the cart and click check out as guest, instead of asking for billing/shipping info, it takes me directly to paypal, and then of course when I come back to confirm the order, it doesn't have any billing/shipping info saved.

2) See attached screencap. When I'm logged in and go into the shopping cart, and turn on "shipping address is different", no additional boxes come up so I can fill out shipping info.

3) Question from client: "I had someone else go through and buy something to see how the process was for someone who isn’t familiar with it. She mentioned that since there was no item added to cart pop-up when you add something to your cart she was not sure if she actually added it or not – any way we could make this happen? (Note from me, didn't last version of MP have "added to cart" come up when someone click the add to cart button without being directed to cart?)

4) Additional question from client: When she filled out the info to register as a guest – she hadn’t filled one part out and it said “see errors below in red” but there was no red

5) Question from client: Once someone checks out as a guest and pays – box pops up for user to set up acct – but as a person who doesn’t know, i wouldn’t know what this box is for. I know it’s to register with an account, any way to note that within the box? like “Thank you for your order. If you’d like to register for an account for faster checkout next time please create an account below”

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Steph,

Hope your weekend is going well.

1) See attached screencap – when I put the test item in the cart and click check out as guest, instead of asking for billing/shipping info, it takes me directly to paypal, and then of course when I come back to confirm the order, it doesn't have any billing/shipping info saved.

This shouldn't be happening, it should still go through the steps process before sending to the gateway. I'm guessing you have some custom functionality added somewhere. Could you temporarily swap to the 2015 theme and try the checkout and see if it's coming from your theme, then we'll know where to look.

2) See attached screencap. When I'm logged in and go into the shopping cart, and turn on "shipping address is different", no additional boxes come up so I can fill out shipping info.

This is working fine for me as well, so I'm leaning again towards a theme conflict here. The above theme test should let us know :slight_smile:

3) Question from client: "I had someone else go through and buy something to see how the process was for someone who isn’t familiar with it. She mentioned that since there was no item added to cart pop-up when you add something to your cart she was not sure if she actually added it or not – any way we could make this happen? (Note from me, didn't last version of MP have "added to cart" come up when someone click the add to cart button without being directed to cart?)

Pre-3.0 did have a "added to cart" come up after clicking the cart button. In this one we have the floating cart that slides out when you add something to the cart but it looks like you have disabled that option. It's the "Disable Mini Cart" option in the store settings > General.

It will also display in the sidebar cart if you add that.

I do understand that if you disable both of those then it would be good to have the "added to cart" text back. I will mention it to the developer :slight_smile:

4) Additional question from client: When she filled out the info to register as a guest – she hadn’t filled one part out and it said “see errors below in red” but there was no red

This is likely a theme conflict again, the above theme test will let us know for sure.

5) Question from client: Once someone checks out as a guest and pays – box pops up for user to set up acct – but as a person who doesn’t know, i wouldn’t know what this box is for. I know it’s to register with an account, any way to note that within the box? like “Thank you for your order. If you’d like to register for an account for faster checkout next time please create an account below”

We state at the beginning, in my attached screenshot, that they will be offered to create an account at the end. I think it would be a good feature as well to be able to easily add text to the top of that popup though. I will flag our second level support guys(coding experts) and see if there is a way we can do that without editing core files :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,

Tyler

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @steph Calvert,

I hope you are well today.

For the instruction of the create account box, please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_action( 'mp_public/create_account_lightbox_form', 'append_instruction_before_end' );
    function append_instruction_before_end() {
    ?>
    <p>Your instruction goes here</p>
    <?php
    }

This will add a text above the Create Account button. Hope that can help :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey there,

1) When I switch to 2015 default theme, and go to check out, there’s no checkout form at all on the checkout page.

2) Can’t test, checkout process doesn’t come up at all with 2015 theme

3) I need some kind of fix here – mini cart is cool, but doesn’t work for this site’s layout because of the navigation they’ve got top right, plus client wants consistency and mini cart would need to be site wide for them to use it.

4) Couldn’t test with 2015 theme.

5) Added Hoang’s code, but can’t test as unlogged in buyer because of cart issues above.

6) Client is now saying she did a cart test and got the seller notification, but not the buyer’s email confirmation.

Thanks guys!

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

We've got progress happening! Really good progress! I went through shopping cart process as a guest just now, a few things:

1) solved

2) solved

3) fine for now

4) solved

5) See attached screencap – can we move the text to the top of the box instead of at the bottom, and how?

6) Confirming I just did a test run of the checkout process as a guest, and did NOT receive buyer email. I did get an incorrect Coursepress generated email saying you're enrolled in "" class, with no class inside the "" because I didn't sign up for a class. See attached screencap.

7) NEW – in checkout process as guest, there's an extra input box at the bottom of the page, how do we get rid of it? See attached screencap.

8) NEW – Once order is processed, user is taken to order status page. See attached screencap, the footer on this page is bizarre. It should look like the other attached screencap, and I have no idea where to begin fixing it.

9) REMINDER – I have two outstanding mp issues in other threads for this site that need attention before this site can go live, and it's already a bit past deadline. (other outstanding issues in other threads: coursepress courses shouldn't affect table rate shipping in shopping cart, and items with options having double instances of product description) Anything you guys can do to expedite bug fixes on this stuff is super duper extra appreciated. Thank you for everything you do.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hey @steph Calvert,

For the #5, please replace my old code with this

add_action( 'mp_public/create_account_lightbox_form', 'append_instruction_before_end' );
    function append_instruction_before_end() {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function ($) {
    $('#mp-create-account-form').prepend($('.instruciton-mp').html());
    })
    </script>
    <div class="instruciton-mp" style="display: none;">
    <p>Your instruction goes here</p>
    </div>
    <?php
    }

For the #6, I’m investigating the issue now :slight_smile:

For the #7, please replace the file marketpress/ui/js/mp-checkout.js with the attachment.

For the #8, that’s form belonged to the MailChimp, do you have any custom code which can output that subscribe form?

#9 I will check that for you :slight_smile:

If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Hoang! See below:

5) resolved, client went back to having everyone need an account to complete purchase so there’s no confusion over Coursepress classes being available to customers.

6) This is a really big issue, and probably the biggest one holding up site going live. No buyer emails being received still.

7) Resolved, customers must be logged in to pay now, and not seeing the extra input box on logged in shopping cart.

8) We have this code in the functions.php file from the current live site, which was supposed to add checkboxes to the checkout process to allow user to sign up for mailing list during the process, and it looks like this is what’s showing up on the order status page – is there somewhere else this should go so we can get it back into the checkout process with the marketpress update?

//* add mailing list signup to checkout

function custom_mp_checkout_after_shipping( $content ){
    $content .= '<h4>Join our mailing list for monthly news, tips, DIY projects and workshop and product deals.</h4>
    <p>
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="1048576">
    Dear Handmade Life Monthly Newsletter
    </label>
    <br />
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="2097152">
    Craftcation Conference General Information
    </label>
    <br />
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="4194304">
    Patchwork Show Guests
    </label>
    <br />
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="8388608">
    Patchwork Show Interested Vendor List
    </label>
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="562949953421312">
    Dear Handmade Life Online Workshops
    </label>
    </p>';
    return $content;
    }
    add_filter("mp_checkout_after_shipping", "custom_mp_checkout_after_shipping");

9) Thank you – the coursepress classes affecting table rate shipping cost is a pretty big issue as well, and client needs site live in the next couple of days. We’re already missing the black friday push, need to get this wrapped up.

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Please be mindful of edits made to staging site – reinstall of marketpress software yesterday knocked out some of our custom checkout text, and added more default store pages, and broke a bunch of links. Just a heads up – huge thank you for continued support on these bugs, really looking forward to getting site pushed live soon!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@steph Calvert,

Yesterday I still saw the checkout worked fine, can you please let me know when the bug started, also, what’s the last actions. This will help me a lot to trace and fix this.

For the email, I tried to send a test email (to my gmail) via your SMTP email. However, I never get the test email :slight_frown:. Can you please check this too?

Moreover, does it fine if I change the setting of

1. PayPal

2. SMTP Email

Just for testing & debugging.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey there!

I needed to add register button to checkout process because client decided she does want everyone to be signed in upon purchase after all. I added register button following instructions in this string: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/missing-register-button-in-marketpress-checkout?replies=7#post-990953

Register button worked, but that’s when I noticed no billing/shipping fields to enter. The must use plugin is file “register-button.php” in mu-plugins folder, you guys should have ftp credentials already.

Totally bizarre on the email – up until this point seems like it’s been sending like it should… And seller notification email goes out. See attached screencap, smtp email plugin says test email went out to me a second ago… but I’m still waiting for it to show up. Is there another recommendation on getting emails from the website to send super fast?

You can absolutely change settings for testing as long as they get changed back when you’re done testing. Please note I’m working on editing some of the product listings currently. Thank you!!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@steph Calvert,

I bring the conversation here, so we easier to follow :wink:

6) This is a really big issue, and probably the biggest one holding up site going live. No buyer emails being received still.

Looks like the SMTP settings there doesn’t work anymore, when I switch to normal sending function, the email sending properly.

For the content, I found that this is a bug of CoursePress, please replace the file /coursepress/includes/classes/class.marketpress-integration.php with the attachment.

The checkout should works fine now, please take a look.

8) We have this code in the functions.php file from the current live site, which was supposed to add checkboxes to the checkout process to allow user to sign up for mailing list during the process, and it looks like this is what’s showing up on the order status page – is there somewhere else this should go so we can get it back into the checkout process with the marketpress update?

You can replace the old code with this

function custom_mp_checkout_after_shipping( $content ){
    $content .= '<h4>Join our mailing list for monthly news, tips, DIY projects and workshop and product deals.</h4>
    <p>
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="1048576">
    </label>
    <br />
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="2097152">
    </label>
    <br />
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="4194304">
    Patchwork Show Guests
    </label>
    <br />
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="8388608">
    </label>
    <label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="GROUPINGS[11929]" value="562949953421312">
    </label>
    </p>';
    return $content;
    }
    add_filter("mp_checkout/display", "custom_mp_checkout_after_shipping");

If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you! So close to wrapping this up.

1) See attached – don't know if this is related to your paypal settings for testing or the recent marketpress update where coursepress classes don't affect table rate shipping chargesbut I'm getting a paypal error where it's saying cart total doesn't match.

2) See attached – can we move the mailing list checkboxes above the submit order button, and how?

3) See attached – can we move the Login button to the left and put a "Lost Password?" button next to it?

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Just received the attached from client, please see screencap.

1) no billing/shipping address was captured on order

2) of course paypal still an issue, I think she used Manual Payments

3) extra stuff at bottom of page I think is related to mailchimp checkbox code we had talked about before

4) need to get rid of the "*indcates required"

5) regular ribbon footer seen on the rest of the site missing.

Please be mindful I absolutely have to have all bugs worked out by Saturday night – I am seriously under the gun here as site was supposed to be finished almost a week ago.

Absolutely appreciate everything you guys are doing – thank you!!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@steph Calvert,

1. When you revert the staging site, please make sure you go to the WP Admin->Store Settings->Presentation, and click save once. This will re-index the store pages to the system, this way you don't meet the issue with javascript in checkout page anymore.

2. I've updated the code for mailing list checkboxes. Now it should be on position.

function custom_mp_checkout_after_shipping( $content ) {
    ob_start();
    ?>
    <div class=&quot;mailling_list&quot; style=&quot;text-align: left;margin-top: 20px&quot;>
    <h4>Join our mailing list for monthly news, tips, DIY projects and workshop and product deals.</h4>

<p>
    <label>
    <input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;GROUPINGS[11929]&quot; value=&quot;1048576&quot;>
    </label>
    <br/>
    <label>
    <input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;GROUPINGS[11929]&quot; value=&quot;2097152&quot;>
    </label>
    <br/>
    <label>
    <input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;GROUPINGS[11929]&quot; value=&quot;4194304&quot;>
    Patchwork Show Guests
    </label>
    <br/>
    <label>
    <input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;GROUPINGS[11929]&quot; value=&quot;8388608&quot;>
    </label>
    <label>
    <input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;GROUPINGS[11929]&quot; value=&quot;562949953421312&quot;>
    </label>
    </p>
    </div>
    <script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;>
    jQuery(function ($) {
    $('.mailling_list').insertAfter('#mp-cart-resume');
    })
    </script>
    <?php
    $content .= ob_get_clean();

return $content;
    }

3. Checkout should work now, please check my screenshot. Also, PayPal should works too.

4. Extra stuff on at bottom page gone now. Please check the screenshot from #3.

5. For the ribbon footer, I assumed that you added it by code? As I don't see any widget there.

6. I saw the Lost Password & Login fixed for you already.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks much! Found a couple bugs that need fixes asap:

1) items with options/dropdowns are all of a sudden not showing any item descriptions. See attached screenshot of backend and front end of an item with multiple options in a dropdown. Problem is persistent in all items with multiple options:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/tag-twine-kit-we-love-citrus/

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/diy-cross-stitch-robot-or-bunny-kit/

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/washi-tape-party-kit/

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/test-dropdown-item/

And isn't a problem on items with no dropdown:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/carve-a-stamp-kit/

2) See attached screencap sent to me by client. I'm confirming I tried buying a coursepress class and a physical item in a transaction, and I had the same problem. I got two emails. The first email said congratulations I enrolled in checkout. The second email said I enrolled in the class I had actually enrolled in. Zero email was sent that included shipping info about the physical item I had purchased. We want one email with details about the entire order please.

Here's what she says:

i finally got a confirmation email as the buyer but it says i have enrolled in course “checkout” see attached.

i got a second email that actually said the name of the course – buyers don’t need 2 emails. also will they get an email with info about their whole order? or just the workshop one?

it should say the name of the course they enrolled in.

change the confirmation text to:

Congratulations!

Your order has been received, and any items to be shipped will be processed as soon as possible.

You have enrolled in course Checkout (this should be name of course they enrolled in).

You may check all workshops you are enrolled in here: Your workshops (link to dashboard)

To access your workshop:

1. Go to Dear Handmade Life. (link to our website)

2. Login on the upper right side with your user name and password you created when you purchased your workshop.

3. Click “Your Workshops” on the upper right hand side of Dear Handmade Life.

4. Click “Details” under your workshop name.

5. Click “Start Learning”.

6. When you complete a chapter click “Done” or “save progress and exit” to return to the list of chapters.

You can explore other courses here: http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/online-workshops/

Love,

Dear Handmade Life

3) Put a couple of items in shopping cart, was able to get to paypal and back no problem, on final page when I'm about to hit Submit Order, the text that shows up when you roll over Submit Order is showing up at bottom of screen. See screenshot.

4) See attached screenshot – tested purchasing a coursepress class, on order status page there's a download link. I had set the item to be a digital product in marketpress because I didn't want it to affect shipping total, so that's why download link is showing up… If I set this back to being a "physical good" will it start affecting table rate shipping? We don't need this download link for the Coursepress classes that are bought.

Thanks much – need answers / fixes on this super asap please. Please please.

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

On 2) above – really, all we need is the marketpress order confirmation email to go out, if we’re customizing that with info on how to access the class.

So the issue for 2 above becomes: how do we turn off the order confirmation emails from coursepress and JUST send out the marketpress order info email, because currently site is sending two coursepress emails when a class is bought and NO marketpress emails, even when there’s a physical product from the marketpress side in the transaction.

Thanks!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @steph Calvert,

1) items with options/dropdowns are all of a sudden not showing any item descriptions. See attached screenshot of backend and front end of an item with multiple options in a dropdown. Problem is persistent in all items with multiple options:

This fixed.

On 2) above – really, all we need is the marketpress order confirmation email to go out, if we're customizing that with info on how to access the class.

Now only 1 email from MarketPress will send out, can you please check?

3) Put a couple of items in shopping cart, was able to get to paypal and back no problem, on final page when I'm about to hit Submit Order, the text that shows up when you roll over Submit Order is showing up at bottom of screen. See screenshot.

Hmm, please check my screenshot, it seem resolved?

4) See attached screenshot – tested purchasing a coursepress class, on order status page there's a download link. I had set the item to be a digital product in marketpress because I didn't want it to affect shipping total, so that's why download link is showing up… If I set this back to being a "physical good" will it start affecting table rate shipping? We don't need this download link for the Coursepress classes that are bought.

This fixed now too :slight_smile:.

Also, please note that, make sure you backup the marketpress & coursepress files, and don't update it, as for now, because you are very near the deadline, so I have to modify the plugin code. We will break the changes to external plugin later I think.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey there!

The only thing I saw was when I did a test order, I got three emails from the system. One from coursepress with the class I enrolled in, one from Coursepress with the incorrect "checkout instructions" class callout, and one from Marketpress with the full order details. See attached.

We do NOT want the coursepress emails to be sent to the buyer. The site should ONLY be sending the marketpress full order confirmation.

Reason behind it is this email already includes instructions on how to access their class, and we don't want to inundate them with a bunch of emails after purchase.

Client is ready to go live and this is the very last bug. Please let me know the second I can push this thing live, they're chomping at the bit.

Thank you for all you do!

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Checking on the last issue, three emails going out from the site when customer buys physical product and coursepress class, client wants ONLY Marketpress email to go out, not the two coursepress emails that are being sent.

Please update me on this ASAP, site is way behind on going live and if it doesn’t go up today it’s my head.

Thank you!

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi again!

Tested, and emails went through really slow. Got rid of wp smtp plugin and switched to mandrill integration for faster system emails and that totally fixed it.

When I tested, I put different info in the billing and shipping boxes, including the buyer’s email address and the email address of the person being shipped to. Both billing and shipping email addresses got the order notification email.

We need to ONLY have that go to the person who bought the stuff, because the person listed as the shipping address is most likely receiving the items as a present.

Help please?

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

This site has pushed live, going through and making sure everything works now. If you’ve got an edit that will help with the order confirmation email being sent to both billing and shipping email address, please let me know as I know we’d love to get this fixed, but it’ll need to happen on the live site not the staging link we’ve been working with.

Thanks much!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@steph Calvert,

I’m sorry I didn’t notice that, I’m using the same email.

I don’t have the access to LIVE I think. However, I can tell you where to disable the code for sending email to shipping email address.

In the file /marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-order.php, line 248, you will see the code like this

mp_send_email( $shipping_email, $subject, $msg, $attachments );

Change it to

//mp_send_email( $shipping_email, $subject, $msg, $attachments );

This will disable the shipping email sending.

Best regards,

Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Massive huge thank yous on all the help, Hoang.

Site is live, client is recovering from the heart attack of pushing live a week late but is still happy overall.

Can I please get some help from you in the next few days on how to get our edits from this string out of the marketpress core files into external plugins, so I can update mp software next time there’s an update without losing our edits?

Really appreciate all of the help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.