Checkout Never Advances to PayPal, Order Created in WHMCS, Cart Empty

I just about have the WP Integration working. I can place an order directly in WHMCS. I have switched to the “Cart” Order template, because that was confirmed to work in another thread.

The symptoms are as in the subject…screen never advances to Paypal, and returns to an empty screen.

Fortunately, WHMCS sends all 4 emails, one of which, if read carefully, contains a link to the invoice. So that provides a backdoor way to get this done, but far from optimal.

I don’t have an SSL cert on my MU site, am running the Ultimatum theme, and WHMCS 5.03- can’t think of anything else notable.

Actually, I did have Maintenance Mode enabled. I disabled that, but I still get bounded back to the WHMCS cart with “Your Shopping Cart is Empty”, the order is in WHMCS, but no site is provisioned, because the user never gets a chance to pay.

Maybe I missed a setting somewhere…

Ideas, please…

Thanks!

• kenlyle
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Wow….let me try to recap.

Upgraded from WHMCS 5.03 to 5.12, which changed my Order template away from Cart, so I put it back to Cart, and set “Automatically take the user to the invoice” instead of “Automatically forward the user to the payment gateway”. Anyway, I’ve gotten to Paypal through the WHMCS Integration for the first time. Hurrah!

Enjoy! Gimme some points if this helps you.

Thanks!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @kenlyle

First of all, I am glad that you got the problem sorted. Sometimes we need to wrestle with the issue and then suddenly it is right in front of us. I normally walk away from my laptop and brainstorm while pacing my house and it always comes to me – for some strange reason :slight_smile:

Secondly, some points for you for posting the solution and helping out another member that might face the same problem.

Wishing you all the best and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.