checkout not working

Dear,
Can you please fix my checkout process for the following shop?
http://www.pixshopping.com/biolaloustore/checkout/
Basically when I buy a product and follow the checkout process and pay for it with the manual transfer it goes to a white screen then I go back and it show the following error message
"Oops!
Looks like you haven't added anything your cart. Let's go shopping!"
which is also a wrong error message.
The product was there but when I try to paid with manual payment (bonifico) it stops and got nothing.
Please try yourself. support access granted.
Thanks,
Paddy

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Paddy,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see the issue on your site but in my case, after adding the product into cart and refreshing the page, the cart gets empty.

But when I add the product into cart again, its get incremented but on refresh again empty/0. So, in my test, I could not place the order on checkout page.

Using support staff access, when I tried to deactivate MarketPress plugin network wide, I got HTTP ERROR 500 error. That did not let me do anything on your website.

Could you please send in FTP and WordPress admin user credentials directly via our secure contact form in following format, so I could further investigate this matter.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Take care and look forward towards your response Paddy :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Paddy,

Apologies for delay on this ticket. I just tested the MarketPress checkout feature on this site and its working fine for me.

I could add the products into cart and complete the checkout process successfully.

If you still getting this issue then please let me and yes, I received the login credentials and worked fine on my end.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Dear Sajid
    Thanks for your reply.
    I think we get lost between the tickets...
    The problem with the checkout is related to hummingbird plugin.
    When HB is activated the checkout is not working anymore.
    I don't remember if i wrote this in this ticket or another one.
    That's strange that HB is not compatible with marketpress.
    Can you please check this?
    Thanks
    Paddy

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Paddy :slight_smile:

Yes, you have mentioned above but you also said that you are still unable to submit the order (quoted you below). That's why I confirmed it first then I can now add products into cart as well as submit the orders too.

I deactivate HummingBird I can add products to cart but still can't Submit Order at the end of the Checkout.

Okay now back to the issue when you are not able to complete the checkout process after enabling Hummingbird's Minification.

Please note that, for minification, some times the default configuration does not work out of the box on all setups because its impossible to find the best combination with different themes, plugins and hosting environments.

So in this case, to configure it correctly please follow the steps below.

1. Enable Minification feature of Hummingbird (in case you are in network dashboard).

2. Go to your site/subsite Dashboard -> Hummingbird and click on Check Files yellow button.

3. Once done, then bulk disable minify and merge option for all files under Bulk Update section (see screenshot). Everything should be fine by now.

4. Now the fun part begins :wink:. Try minify and merging each file one by one and keep checking the front-end to make sure everything is working fine specially the checkout order page.

If it does not work, then please come back to minification page, revert that change and try a different combination.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

why don't you make HB immediately compatible with marketpress?
    Both those plugins are yours that's why I was expecting them to immediately compatible otherwise what the point to use a single provider for many plugins???
    I will try the solution above and let you know.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Please note that, both plugins are compatible with each other. However, as mentioned above, we can not predict the best configuration since it can be used on any other plugin, theme and hosting environment.

Yes, please try that and let us know if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Yes, I activated Hummingbird plugin and Minification. I fixed the issue of cart and checkout by moving mp-cart.js, frontend.js and coupon.js files into footer from.

I was tried to configure minify and merge feature of Minification but I kep getting internal server error frequently that made the process extremely difficult.

Please try to minify and merge files one by one and keep checking frontend to make sure everything works.

Don't reposition or merge mp-cart.js, frontend.js and coupon.js files. This way it would not interfere with checkout process.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Sajid
    Thanks for trying.
    I will not use HB for now cause is creating more problems than benefits and I have much bigger problems in my others tickets.
    Please can you check those ones related to the cart, the notifications and the visual editor?
    I close this ticket for now.
    Thanks
    Paddy

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Paddy,

I am sorry to hear you are getting other problems. Yes, please we would love to take a look on your other tickets. If you have already raised then I am sure staff is assigned to those tickets and will definitely get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to open this ticket, if you need assistance, with this matter again.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.