Checkout not working after upgrade

I have been really busy lately and hadn't noticed that the checkout for my website is completely different. I had my store setup nicely and now all of my checkout pages are blank. When I test the checkout, the checkout page is blank (with no way to pay for products or checkout). Please help me get this sorted out. I have spent all evening trying to discover how to fix this to no avail.

Jennifer

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jennifer

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I went to your site, and saw the issue. The checkout page is only showing "It’s time to checkout", nothing else. Can you please edit the Checkout page from your Dashboard, and check if the following shortcode is there in that page:
    [mp_checkout]

And can you also check if this Checkout page is set in "Dashboard > Store Settings > Presentation > Store Pages" section?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jennifer,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If you have tried the above solutions, and still it doesn't work, it could be a conflict. Can you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), to rule out any plugin causing a conflict.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that doesn't solve the issue, please grant support access so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the delay, I checked your website, and your Store Pages settings seems to point correctly, under Store settings > Presentation.

It could be a plugin conflict, since it's a live site, I avoided to do a plugin conflict test on your live site. Please let us know if you are comfortable with us performing a conflict test, if not, you can test it as mentioned in getting support manual(flowchart).
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Once we identify any conflict, we could get this solved asap. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jennifer,

I review my solution and it will not work entirely - I apologize for that - it looks like there is something preventing form from showing up. It is in the code but there is JS that makes it invisible. So this is very much conflict here.

It might be hard for us to do plugin conflict test on your site because we are working in different time zones and because we work on threads as they appear in queue then it is possible that one staff member will check it when its night, but now its morning for you and so I could not do that test.
    I could try to get to your thread early morning (for me) tomorrow (so it should be night for you) and make this test, but please confirm first that you have backup of your site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jennifer
    • New Recruit

Kasia,
    First of all, I have just performed a backup, so we should be safe there.

Second, I only saw your first message about adding the css. So I did that. The checkout now seems to be working, but when I test it, it only offers Paypal as a payment method even thought I've indicated the necessary Stripe information in Payments. Any thoughts? Also, I am searching for how to change billing details in checkout. I can't find anything. Thanks for your help!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jennifer,

My first message was send bit to quickly - that is why this works only partially and I would need to perform full conflict test to find what is causing this issue. If you have a backup then I will do testing in night hours of your time zone. If possible could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

With FTP access I will be able to setup debug log on your site if conflict test will not result.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the credentials - I done conflict test and looks like culprit is your theme. I disabled all the plugins, this broke site because there were functions from members plugin coded into theme. But still with member plugin it wasnt working. So I turned all plugins on and switch to the 2016 WordPress theme. And checkout start to working I was able to choose the payment method.

I have test your theme on my local environment to see what is causing this issue. Do you maybe remember what changes were applied to this theme before checkout stopped working?

Can you also tell me why Stripe is one of the payment methods for products?

You have enabled and configured Stripe gateway in Store Settings -> Payments - if you don't want to use it untick Stripe option

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.