Checkout process in MarketPress leads to Unable to Connect screen.

I am attempting to test my MarketPress store. I've set everything up according to the instructions. I've added a product to test and set up my PayPal Sandbox accounts. I was able to add my product to the shopping cart but when I went to check out, I got the unable to connect screen. What do I need to check to troubleshoot this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya evensongprod,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. What is the exact error message you are seeing? Also, can we get a link to your site so we can take a look for ourselves?

If you're getting a blank page this is most likely a PHP error. Best bet is to check your PHP error logs:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-troubleshooting-basics-how-to-check-your-error-logs/

Let us know anything that's relevant from there.

Thanks!

• Greg Rice
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the quick response Mason. It's great to be here!

I am definitely a WordPress newbie and any help is greatly appreciated. Here is the message that I got from Firefox when I tried to checkout:

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at christianartistcentralstore.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Then it gives a button to try again.

I've attached a screenshot of the window for you to see. I will also check the PHP logs as well.

Appreciate the help and I look forward to your reply.

Greg

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Thanks for the additional information. For some reason, I'm seeing the site trying to go to an 'https' link when you attempt to checkout. Do you have a security certificate for this site?

Would there be anything in your .htaccess that would redirect to an SSL page? How about in your wp-config? I'm trying to think of what would cause that to happen as there's no option for this within the plugin itself.

This is an odd one that's for sure.

• Greg Rice

Hey Mason,

I decided to try it in a different hosting account (one with cPanel access) to see if it might work better. When I try to checkout I now get this message:

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to christianartistcentral.net.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

* The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site."

The only thing I can think of is that I have set up tracking with Google Analytics. As a newbie, I kind of need it "dumbed down" to my level. Your help is greatly appreciated.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Gotcha.

What gateway are you using for MarketPress? Authorize.NET (for example) requires an SSL certificate which you don't currently have and may be the source of the issue.

To test this, try switching to a different gateway such as PayPal Express. Let us know what happens there.

Thanks!

• Greg Rice

I have it set for Authorize.net and for PayPal Express. I will disable Authorize.net until i get an SSL certificate. I'll let you know the outcome.

If I need more help I'll let you know. Thanks for the help Mason. Have a great day.

Greg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.