Child CSS In Studio Theme

Hi guys,

Just working out how child CSS works in Studio.

Say I want to change the black background on the header of Studio.

The default CSS is
#header-wrapper {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #272727;
}

Now I want to change it to white.
So if I add

#header-wrapper {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
}

In the child CSS shouldn't it change it for me?

I have done but to no avail. I have noticed that you have to comment out a line in style.css in order to use child.css and I have done that also.
Where am I going wrong.

The site is http://www.mytestspace.me/test

• rossagrant
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Found you can change this in the custom styling options.

Is there an option to change the background colour of the 'our community' drop down menu when using BP?

It;s currently black and looking a bit weird with the white header.
    Thanks!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Hi there, changing the background is not a small task with the panel (assume you mean that not the drop down menu). The sliding panel has images also used so you'd need to change those. You can do this but make sure you look at adminbar.css and anything marked #panel. You may have to work around the cascading to change this though as I think the adminbar.css is last CSS file called.

• rossagrant
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Tammie,

yeah it's the panel I'm talking about. with it being black, it doesn't really fit in with any heaer colour that isn't dark.

Sounds like it might be a job for someone a little more experienced than I with thsi kind of thing.

Not spoke to you in a while anyway so hope you are well!

Any exciting new BP themes coming after the Gallery release?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I'm well thank you hope you are too.

Gallery is actually going to be quite a different theme so currently that is the focus then we shall see but there are as always plans for new themes coming. Gallery has a lot of new things we've not done with a theme before and we've also had a lot of usability reviewing going on with it (a process we're focusing a lot more on in the new year). Also it's a custom post type based theme or template pages - so there is a basic and advanced mode so to speak.

We've got 2 others in the works with different people currently too so those should drop at some point not to far off :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.