Child MU Blog Theme

his message is for any of the support staff but specifically for David Mallonee as he is a user on my site. I have just updated the Child MU Blog and the theme options on number 5 will not give me an option to reload or upload an image. I have pushed the delete image now and hoping to get the reload or upload new image button but to no avail. Can you please tell me what to do? It is at http://www.useapro.net

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

You've selected the Upgrades plugin when creating your topic. Just to clarify: this is an issue with the Blogs MU theme and specifically a child theme you have created?

From what you've said the issue sounds like the theme options page isn't allowing you to upload a new image. Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to upload the image? Do you get an error? What is the behaviour?

Also, try switching to the original Blogs MU theme to rule out an issue with your child. If that sorts it, you'll need to identify what part of your child is causing the issue.

Otherwise, you may have a plugin conflict. Try disabling plugins one-by-one to see if that rectifies the issue.

I'm sure David will be along too when he's awake :wink:

Phil

• wtwine
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

There is no upload button to upload an image. I had the original MU Blog theme and just switch it to the child theme as I wanted to have the video player on my home page. Apparently the MU Blog did not offer the video player but child theme did.

• wtwine

Phil,
    Also, I already have this image in the library and had used it before upgrading to the most current child MU Theme. My understanding is that the link you see in the screen shot is to go for your posting category and not an image.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi wtwine,

Working with Phil on this, it looks like the child theme you're using is from an older version of the theme, whereas you've got the parent theme updated.

There's been some substantial changes with the theme somewhat recently that would require an update to the child theme itself for everything to work properly and that seems to be what's occurring here.

Any chance you could update the child theme and integrate the customizations you've made there?

Thanks,
    David

• wtwine

HI David,
    Can you tell me what the most current version of the Child Theme is ? This way I can make sure I have it. Also, every time I update the Child theme or the Parent theme, will this mess up my design that I have paid my web designer to do?

• wtwine

Hi Again,
    David I just uploaded a video that I have created and then up loaded it to the video player text box on the Child Theme and it does not allow me to see the whole video. How can I change it to fit into my video space on my home page at http://www.useapro.net? Here is the code:
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1rUOZVWny4Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can I change the coding size and if so, to what?

• wtwine

Hi David & Phil,
    I noticed that the Child Theme is v1.2.6. I don't understand why I don't have an option to upload an image for service option #5. What can I do to fix it? Also, every time I update does this mean I have to get my web designer to fix our design?

• wtwine

Phil & David,
    I am having another issue and that is my menu bar changes when I'm logged in. This menu is suppose to be the same menu when logged out. Please look at the screen shots to see what I'm referring too. How do you get it to stay one menu bar at all times?

• wtwine

Phil & David,
    I do not feel comfortable using DiffMerge as I am very illiterate when it comes to coding, etc. My tech guy I have relied on is not available for a long time. Who do you recommend to fix my Child Theme Mu template. I still can't get the service option #5 picture to give an ability to upload an image. I have the most recent version and also the menu bar I have set to show the same weather logged in or not. David you have a username & pw, can you take a look and see what is going on? If not give me someone you recommend to get this fixed asap.

• wtwine

Also, every time you update the MU Blog theme does it mess up the Child MU Theme or are they the same? I only show MU Blog in my theme choices to update, no child MU. I have a custom design on it and want to know if this messes it up every time you update. Another thing, still haven't gotten a response from the posting two days ago.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

You shouldn't usually get issues when you update Blogs MU, no. The last update was for BuddyPress 1.5 compatibility and as BP changed significantly there were some necessary changes to the theme that could cause issue with child themes. That's unusual though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.