Child sheet for plugin needed? Customizing Directory , Change grid layout

Site http://bcosc.com/memberlistings/

I have a multi-part question.

1. Should you make a child sheet for the Directory Plugin if you plan to make a few customizations (if so how is this done)

2. I am having issues with the grid view. If the line is long enough to spill over into two lines it throws the grid view off. See site for example. I think I can change this by changing the grid to 3 columns and making each column wider; however, I do not know how to do this.

Thanks in advance

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Andrea,

Thanks for your post.

1. Should you make a child sheet for the Directory Plugin if you plan to make a few customizations (if so how is this done)

Plugins do not need Child sheets however if you want to make CSS customizations, the best solution is a plugin like http://wordpress.org/plugins/imporved-simpler-css/ where you can add custom CSS

2. I am having issues with the grid view. If the line is long enough to spill over into two lines it throws the grid view off. See site for example. I think I can change this by changing the grid to 3 columns and making each column wider; however, I do not know how to do this.

Adding the below CSS to the site can help achieve that.

.dr_list_grid li {width: 29% !important}

Can you kindly try that out ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Andrea
    • New Recruit

Thank you for the information on the child/css. I was unsure if the constant updates required a child php or css file.

The CSS for the grid worked well but there still seems to be some kind of issue. See captured image.

Also, the parent and sub category texts look mis-aligned to me. Is there a way to center the parent or make it align to the left the same as the sub text?

• Andrea
    • New Recruit

Fixed one issue:
    .dr_list_grid li {width: 29% !important; height: 200px !important}
    This makes the grid look okay.

One big problem though. I viewed this page on my cell phone and it will not work on a phone. Is there away to fix that?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.