Child theme causes font size and color to change

I had to create a child theme as I had to reduce the password strength and remove the password hint from WooCommerce. But when I activate the child theme the font color and font sizes go for a toss.

As of now I have added the code to the functions file of main theme, but I need help in moving it to the child theme and get the fonts looking fine.

Please help me with it.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Terresa

Looks like the issue is with Autoptimize plugin. When new theme/child theme is activated, the css cache messed up.

Also, it seems you have some custom css somewhere, I don’t see them in customizer. Do you remember, where did you add the css to customize the color and font?

To troubleshoot, please clear all caches, disable autoptimize and all caching plugins, disable all plugins actually and compare the design with parent theme and child theme.

If they are identical, then enable plugins one by one keeping the child theme active and check enabling which plugin is creating the real conflict here.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Terresa
    • Flash Drive

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don’t know any of this stuff. My old developer was based in India and just up and left and I haven’t heard from him. The chat guys have been great and have sorted it out. They just said that when I do an update the look will go wrong again but that you can fix it so that won’t happen. Please can you fix it so it won’t happen. The look is correct now.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Terresa

The chat guys pasted the code in parent theme. That’s why he mentioned, if you update it will be lost.

Let me know one thing, do you have child theme just to use this php code? Then I can use another alternative. And then if you want to add custom style, you can use custom css so child theme is not needed.

And thus parent theme would be secure and no need to stop from updating. So, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Terresa,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, what Ash added is a mu-plugins, in general changes done via mu-plugins shouldn’t get overwritten, or removed.

Seems like the you already have a new ticket open regarding the above issue:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-was-trying-2

And looks like the issue occurred after changes done as mentioned in the above ticket. I have pinged Jayman regarding this, so that he could give a closer look, and get back to you via the ticket regarding what’s being missed asap.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.